ThemeHouse and Audentio Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not entirely sure why you are even attempting to pick apart what I quoted, it's pretty clear what the important part is as it relates to the last few posts in this thread.
I wasn't attempting to pick apart what you said, I was telling you my perspective on it. I thought that was allowed? My bad.

Personally, all I see in this thread is a whole load of drama about very little, but that's just me.

http://forums.themehouse.com/threads/updated-ad-ui-x.29/#post-144
http://forums.themehouse.com/threads/updated-ad-ui-x.29/#post-149
From these posts I understand that Drift and all other styles are children of UI.X
And as Mike had said in other posts he needs to fix bugs, tweak problems in UI.X before updating the other styles.
So since my version of Drift is running on UI.X 1.5.0.1 then all the fixed bugs and tweaked problems in the latest version of UI.X 1.5.4 are still present and unfixed in my version.
Not once was the actual issue mentioned,
All issues were mentioned by either Mike or other customers and they still remain issues whether mentioned by me or not if the styles have not been updated and fixed.

@Jake B. @Mike Creuzer Give me a break by saying that your outdated themes still "work" they are missing a whole bunch of stuff to a point that your addons like quick create thread don't even work on them. No offense skipping a couple of versions is not a problem but having to wait more than half a year for an update that fixes bugs isn't.

Quick Thread issue is with Quick Thread, we have a bunch of features planned for it including improved filtering and ability to change location easily. In fact, pending some JS work, its ready to go. But Im not sure if thats a bug with UI.X. In any case, another launch is almost ready.

Things kind of get done when they get done, we aren't like Google with 10k employees. We have a small team who goes above and beyond. We don't go missing, we back our work, we respond as quickly as we see things, and are doing our best. We just hired someone else to our team to help out with bugs on add-ons who will be starting Monday. And maybe even one other may be helping us out. And Rich's job is to help make sure we don't miss as many things, of which he has already done marvelously and will continue to make sure to help everyone who needs it.

Much beyond the alert system here at XenForo, there is no way for us to get notifications. We built a bot to feed into Slack (of which we are grateful XenForo has allowed us to do this), but beyond that its very very difficult to not miss things.

We always put client work first.

I can't lie, I don't understand this business model.. You claim thousands on thousands of sites use UI.X.. So let's say thousands on thousands of the sites equals to 3,000 site that 3,000 licenses @ $30.00 a pop.. That's $90,000.00 right off the bat, not including non-branding fees, renew fees, install fees etc.. Yet your saying a client that pays you $100.00 an hour for maybe 3-5 hours of work is more important and receives a higher priority then the 3,000 people that invested a 100 grand already into your company?

I can't lie, I don't understand this business model.. You claim thousands on thousands of sites use UI.X.. So let's say thousands on thousands of the sites equals to 3,000 site that 3,000 licenses @ $30.00 a pop.. That's $90,000.00 right off the bat, not including non-branding fees, renew fees, install fees etc.. Yet your saying a client that pays you $100.00 an hour for maybe 3-5 hours of work is more important and receives a higher priority then the 3,000 people that invested a 100 grand already into your company?

Every number you have provided, with exception to the price of a single UI.X license, is completely 100% baseless and inaccurate. You don't know how many clients we have or how much custom work we've been hired for. You specifically mention UI.X so I'll continue with that example. It was updated when 1.5.4 was released, no template changes have been made since then that have been changed in UI.X, and there aren't any known issues that haven't received a patch already.

Im not sure how much control I have over this thread (@Brogan) but it would be nice if we could focus on issues or comments rather than baseless attacks. Its always the same few people.

So since my version of Drift is running on UI.X 1.5.0.1 then all the fixed bugs and tweaked problems in the latest version of UI.X 1.5.4 are still present and unfixed in my version.
Not technically true. A lot of the bugs we fix are with UI.X itself. 1.5.0 was a stable release therefore so is your Drift. There are some minor bugs Im sure, but if you give me an example Ill let you know :)

You specifically mention UI.X so I'll continue with that example.

I specifically mentioned UI.X as it was the theme mentioned by Mike that thousands on thousands of boards used. You on the other hand still dodged the question of why a custom work client receives a higher priority over someone that purchased bulk made products.. Both are your customer still and that bulk customer base is still making you hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.. So much for treating all clients equal huh?

Every number you have provided, with exception to the price of a single UI.X license, is completely 100% baseless and inaccurate.

I based it on posts made by Mike himself

MacRumors, cPanel, Rivals, and thousands others use UI.X. If there are issues, I would hope they would have been reported to us. No reports as of yet. I am fairly confident it is a conflict or some faulty code specific to your board. I'm more than happy to help get to the bottom of it if you wish me to. If it is indeed a bug we somehow missed I'll be most appreciative for your assistance! Either way I'm here to help :)

But can you use it as a theme? Certainly. Thousands upon thousands of boards do. UI.X itself we call a framework because we use it to build all our themes. But it onto itself is a theme. Take bootstrap from twitter for example. Many people choose not to customize it, even though that is one of the things it was built for. Same kind of thing with UI.X.

I get thousands of tickets, its tough to keep up.

Im not sure how much control I have over this thread (@Brogan) but it would be nice if we could focus on issues or comments rather than baseless attacks. Its always the same few people.
Which issues would those be?

You posted a thread related to rebranding, acquiring add-ons, etc. so you have to expect there is going to be both positive and negative feedback from customers.

We certainly wouldn't start selectively deleting content which you aren't comfortable reading, if said content is within the rules.

For any customers posting on this thread, if you have a specific issue with a resource then you should definitely be posting on the dedicated resource thread or support site.
If the post is feedback on the "company" then this thread is more than likely the correct place.

@Mike Creuzer, you can request the thread to be locked if that is your wish.

but it would be nice if we could focus on issues or comments rather than baseless attacks. Its always the same few people.

I don't see any baseless attacks.. Everyone stating anything about anything in this thread including myself appears to have purchased products from you and getting fed up with all the smoke and mirrors of broken promises to fix products.. Some to the extent that had to be uninstalled or moved on to other styles.. its not baseless attacks, its corrective criticism, which you should be happy your customer base cares enough about your product to offer to you so you can make things right.

it would be nice if we could focus on issues or comments rather than baseless attacks. Its always the same few people.

I think I will have it closed, yes. Thanks. The point of the announcement has served its purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom