The End of The World in 2012?

2012 True?

• Yes

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 84.8%

• Total voters
yaayyy!

I'll need to consult with my 10 yr old son. He's the planetarium expert. :rolleyes:

Well, there is not anything viable that we know of and we don't have the ability to terraform yet. If we did find something suitable we will have to
violate general relativity to make it practical as a place to go.

The end of the world in 2012? No, of course not. At least, not physically. Some people (in general) tend to take words/predictions/views/visions to literally. It is all about interpretation... look how wrong it can go in the world when you take The Bible (mind you: I am not religious) or any other 'holy' (or whatever label/weight people put on it themselves) words way too literally and create a whole rigid religion out of it.

The approach that is more wise is to take the whole 2012 subject matter more symbolically. What is meant by the predictions of 2012 is that the world will come to and end, but on a whole different level then fear-based disaster movies 'want' you to believe:

This planet and humankind will be around forever. It's the way we live that will come to an end; we just don't know when, and no one can really predict it. But I'm pretty sure it won't be as soon as 2012.

It is indeed the way we live that is going to change. It won't indeed be as soon as 2012, because... it is already happening. ;)

And how humorous or totally crazy/ridiculous the following may sound...

Call me pessimistic but I do believe that something is going to happen in 2012 and I do believe it will significantly alter the evolution of humanity. This could be in the form of an ELE but is probably something else. I hope for disclosure and public first contact because I believe we're ready for it, and that it is absolutely necessary for our race to finally wake the hell up.

That said, we all have to accept that Earth is dying. It is common fact that one day, she'll either explode or implode. Long before that though, we're going to have to move on into the stars. Humanity is growing too quickly and I highly doubt that our natural resources are going to sustain us as a race much longer. We need to explore the galaxy and find new stars to call home.

{On a side note, I intend to hijack the first Starship we build if it has some sort of star-drive, hyper-drive, jump-drive, warp-drive, or any variation thereof. I'll either succeed or die trying. I've already got a 30-person assault team [friends can be useful he-he]. By the way, attached is a pretty cool 3D picture of what a star-ship may look like.}

... there actually lies a truth in that. (yes, you are allowed to think Grover didn't take his medicine today... :p)

Honestly...just no.

In the year 1000 there was mass panic because the population thought the world was going to end 1,000 years after Christ came. Of course, the world did not end. Also, little did they realize they panicked for the year 999 AD because the real year 1000 was during our recorded year 1,001 because mankind had yet to establish the concept of 0, hence there was never a 0 year.

Did the Mayans actually predict the end of the world, or the end of the world as we know it?
According to many who have studied the Mayan calendar, their race, and what-have-you, the Mayans predicted a 'new age, new era' for humanity. Not the end of the world in a physical sense, but an end to the way humanity thought. Mayan prophecy speaks of an event that would both devastate and unite the race like never before. This is supposed to happen on December 21st, 2012 at 11:11AM universal time.

One thing of interest and that is of some relevance to this topic is the fact that Nostradamus also predicted a similar event around the same time period. If you look at the predictions provided by Nostradamus, most of them have come to pass in one way or another. What's kind of frightening about the whole Nostradamus prophecy is that he basically predicted World War III.

According to Jay Sean, it's not gonna happen. So it's a reason to party like it's the end of the world. :D
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did the Mayans actually predict the end of the world, or the end of the world as we know it?
They didn't predict the end of the world. It was the end of their 13th (then current) epoch on December 21, 2012. It's the media and others who have misinterpreted the Mayans to think that that date is the end of the world. It's not. It was end of a cycle for the Mayans, and had they still been around today, that date probably would have been the start of a new cycle, too.

but 2012 does mean the peak of the solar activity, some say it could cause massive satellite failure. Its the Solar Max when the sun gets super active with solar flares and sun spots etc... It could knock out satellites, cause a mass emp and effect the weather but come one now its been happening for literally thousands of years since humans understood the cosmos and millions of years before man even existed. Dont expect to see the world just explode from nothing unless Dr. Evil gets his Vulcan warhead into the earths mantel who can save us? Austin Powers can lol.

We should install xenForo in a remote server and when 2012 comes and goes, the server goes online so the survivors of mankind has a place to talk.

Yes,it might happen.
Maybe only in 2013 because 13 is an unlucky number?
We'll see and talk about it's effects in this forum.;)

Top Bottom