The End of The World in 2012?

2012 True?

• Yes

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 84.8%

• Total voters

Dark_Hunter

Everyone keeps saying the movie will come true? What do you think? Just another made up story or does it have some truth behind it? Discuss!

Who cares if it happens or not?
So what if it happens? It's not like you will be there a day later. Nor will there be someone saying, well Floris, you're so awesome you get to go on this magic space ship and extend your life by living in space.

Who cares if it happens or not?
So what if it happens? It's not like you will be there a day later. Nor will there be someone saying, well Floris, you're so awesome you get to go on this magic space ship and extend your life by living in space.
Thanks for that glass is half empty.

I don't want to live my last days in a panic that something must happen. I rather be happy as I am, and live my life until I can't anymore. Be it tomorrow, 2012 or 2021. If it is going to end, it's going to end.

This planet and humankind will be around forever. It's the way we live that will come to an end; we just don't know when, and no one can really predict it. But I'm pretty sure it won't be as soon as 2012.

This planet and humankind will be around forever. It's the way we live that will come to an end; we just don't know when, and no one can really predict it. But I'm pretty sure it won't be as soon as 2012.
Realistically, all life on Earth will end in roughly 900,000 years, as scientists predict that's when the Earth will get too hot to harbor liquid water. And then Earth itself is predicted to last only another 4.8 billion years or so (astronomically, that is not much time at all) because the Sun will expand into a red giant and engulf the four inner planets.

The Mayans predicted December 21, 2012 as the end of their 13th and final epoch. They did not necessarily mean to imply the world "will end," only that their calendar comes to an end. Had the Mayans still been around today, they probably would have also said that date is the start of their 14th epoch.

Call me pessimistic but I do believe that something is going to happen in 2012 and I do believe it will significantly alter the evolution of humanity. This could be in the form of an ELE but is probably something else. I hope for disclosure and public first contact because I believe we're ready for it, and that it is absolutely necessary for our race to finally wake the hell up.

That said, we all have to accept that Earth is dying. It is common fact that one day, she'll either explode or implode. Long before that though, we're going to have to move on into the stars. Humanity is growing too quickly and I highly doubt that our natural resources are going to sustain us as a race much longer. We need to explore the galaxy and find new stars to call home.

{On a side note, I intend to hijack the first Starship we build if it has some sort of star-drive, hyper-drive, jump-drive, warp-drive, or any variation thereof. I'll either succeed or die trying. I've already got a 30-person assault team [friends can be useful he-he]. By the way, attached is a pretty cool 3D picture of what a star-ship may look like.}

Attachments

• orthos.webp
    orthos.webp
    216.8 KB · Views: 50
Top Bottom