The End of The World in 2012?

2012 True?

• Yes

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 84.8%

• Total voters
if you believe in the God in the bible you don't believe this theory (religion) of men...
Not to put too fine a point on it, but your "God in the bible" is a religion of men (quite literally men, since women are an afterthought or commodity, akin to oxen or corn).

You can't really denigrate Mayan (or any other indigenous) spiritual beliefs while waving a bible around. It's hypocritical. And if the bible teaches us anything, it's that hypocrisy is bad, right?

We can all "wave around the bible" Michael, even you can, because you are living on land that in the name of the "God of the Bible" was taken by force by the White man.

Are you now a hypocrite ?

Maybe you should donate your land to the rightful owners right now.

ONLY the WEAK minded believe in 2012. The stupidest theory ever. No one would even really know about it until some idiots made a movie of it.

Oh thats right everything in movies are real right? Pfff, ya and batman is my uncle.

Maybe you should donate your land to the rightful owners right now.
Stunningly poor analogy.

Especially in my case, since A) I don't own any land, and B) I'm only two generations removed from full blooded Oglala Sioux (which is one of the reasons that I don't own any land - my ancestors didn't have any notion of the concept of land "ownership," and I believe their philosophy - as far as that was concerned - was, and is, sound).

Stunningly poor analogy.

Especially in my case, since A) I don't own any land, and B) I'm only two generations removed from full blooded Oglala Sioux (which is one of the reasons that I don't own any land - my ancestors didn't have any notion of the concept of land "ownership," and I believe their philosophy - as far as that was concerned - was, and is, sound).

....and your people believe in "The Creator" and the flood story and so on and so fourth......

They also believe that the land belongs to "The Creator" or "The Great Spirit", so I guess you do believe in God after all Michael.

After watching the National Geographic documentary '2012: The Final Prophecy' I'm even more convinced that it's complete hog wash.
One thing people tend to forget is that 2012 is just a number. The world could just as easily "end" in 2013, 2025 or 2187.

....and your people believe in "The Creator" and the flood story and so on and so fourth......
They also believe that the land belongs to "The Creator" or "The Great Spirit", so I guess you do believe in God after all Michael.
You don't know anything about what the Lakota believe, so stop trying to tie it to Christianity. There is no relationship, on any level.

If your bible has stories in common with traditional North American cultures, then those bible stories came from us. Not the other way around. People were living, working and passing on oral histories on Lakota land 10,000 years before Christ was supposedly born.

In case you missed it, the Spaniards and their ********ed bibles brought nothing but death and sorrow to the natives of the Americas. Please don't condescend to school me on the history of the native people in this country. That history is here in my blood right now, and you can't learn about what it means on a wikipedia page. You'll never know what it means.

Do you think you are the only Indian I have had conversations with Michael ???

Where do you think I came across the term "The Creator" from, Wikipedia ?

2012, its simply the end of the Mayan calendar because they ran out of space. Its like looking at a wall calendar and saying "My God, the world's going to end at the end of the year".

Although, if you do a but of maths on the date...

21 / 12 / 2012
2+1-1-2+20+1+2 = 23

You get the number 23!

2012, its simply the end of the Mayan calendar because they ran out of space. Its like looking at a wall calendar and saying "My God, the world's going to end at the end of the year".

Although, if you do a but of maths on the date...

21 / 12 / 2012
2+1-1-2+20+1+2 = 23

You get the number 23!
hhahahaha as if we need more numbers :D

ONLY the WEAK minded believe in 2012. The stupidest theory ever. No one would even really know about it until some idiots made a movie of it.

Oh thats right everything in movies are real right? Pfff, ya and batman is my uncle.

Interesting reaction. The 'weak' minded? Can you give a definition of that classification? You are entitled to think something is 'the stupidest theory ever', but to say that 'no one would even really know about it until some idiots made a movie of it' is something that is not quite in line with reality. At least, the reality for a large amount of people. Obviously everyone has it's own truth/reality and one's level of awareness plays a major role in it. The fact of the matter is that for a large population on Earth the '2012' phenomenon is everything but 'a stupid theory'.

Go to Mexico.
Travel all the way south near the border with Guatemala.
It will not be difficult to find a Maya community that still practices their ancient religions and was never assimilated by the Catholics.
Find a random person or if you want ask to see their chieftain or elder.
Ask them if the end of the world happens sometimes in 2012.
Then watch them laugh in your face over how much of a ****ing retard you are.

The Maya people never claimed that 2012 will be 'the end' they think it is the end of one cycle and the beginning of a new one. Some people apparently failed to understand this.

Top Bottom