"The Board URL option does not match the site URL configured for your license."

Unique Username

Hello XenForo,

Been trying to get rid of this message but can't seem to clear it.

The following issues should be resolved. Once they have been resolved, check for upgrades again to confirm.

I've worked with the owner of the license and made sure that the URL matches the one which is attached to the license but still same error. Tried installing an upgrade file but no luck.

The wrong license files have been used or the URL registered against the license differs from where the files are installed.

The files for that license need to be downloaded and they need to be the same version as they have installed currently. Then it's just a case of re-uploading all of the files.

We'd recommend the upgrade files only.

The only time you would use the full files is if you are doing a full clean install.

There's not a lot of difference between them. Only a couple of directories are removed from the upgrade package which can occasionally cause problems with existing data when using certain FTP clients.

We'd recommend the upgrade files only.

The only time you would use the full files is if you are doing a full clean install.

There's not a lot of difference between them. Only a couple of directories are removed from the upgrade package which can occasionally cause problems with existing data when using certain FTP clients.
I tried doing this but, kept on saying that I was already to the latest version and only said I could do a fresh install and rebuild master data.

This is why you were asked to use the same version. We don't expect you to be able to actually perform an upgrade. The exercise is merely about using the correct files for the correct license. You don't need to perform an install or upgrade, just uploading the files will do.

Now clicking on the "check for upgrades again" link on the license issues warning should resolve the issue.

If the issues persist, the license holder really needs to get in touch so we can investigate further.

This is why you were asked to use the same version. We don't expect you to be able to actually perform an upgrade. The exercise is merely about using the correct files for the correct license. You don't need to perform an install or upgrade, just uploading the files will do.

Now clicking on the "check for upgrades again" link on the license issues warning should resolve the issue.

If the issues persist, the license holder really needs to get in touch so we can investigate further.

Hey Chris, it seems we just ran into this ourselves on our forum after doing an upgrade from 1.5.7 to 2.1.4. I didn't realize the install files were tied to the license itself (we have two sites running Xenforo.) So if we download -just- the upgrade package for the 2.1.4 using the correct license:
1569513613344.webp

What directory do we upload those files to? Just overwrite everything? And once that's done, then it should correctly point to the paid license associated with the download files, correct?

Appreciate any help!

Hey Chris, it seems we just ran into this ourselves on our forum after doing an upgrade from 1.5.7 to 2.1.4. I didn't realize the install files were tied to the license itself (we have two sites running Xenforo.) So if we download -just- the upgrade package for the 2.1.4 using the correct license:
View attachment 211142

What directory do we upload those files to? Just overwrite everything? And once that's done, then it should correctly point to the paid license associated with the download files, correct?

Appreciate any help!
Hey,
WWWillie here from the same board. I did the file copy, is there anything else I need do??
Thanks!!

You need to ensure that the license has the correct URL associated with it and to only use the license files on that site.

If you have multiple licenses you can't use the same files for every site, or use the files for one site on another and vice versa.

Top Bottom