The Big Forum List

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's bigger than digitalpoint. :eek:

Your forum is very fast which is impressive for such a large forum. What kind of server hardware do you have?

What is your forum about? No hablo espanol. :(

We use several AWS EC2 instances (by default just the web-server and a db-server), with autoscaling enabled so more instances can be autostarted when they are needed
And a loadbalancer between people and that server structure.

We are using the same config from Invision. And with the same amount of concurrent users (1k to 1.5k), Invision just hang our servers out and nothing really work well ever. Now with the same resources, everything is really smooth.

At this moment we have around 1k online users. With Invision at this time we would have two AS automatic servers up, easy. Now with Xenforo we have... none. Still no AS need, same concurrent users.

Mostly off-topic and misc, with news comments, strongly oriented to our country (Chile).

we are really happy with the switch to xenforo

l0ohce1.jpg

;)

welcome on board :)

what storage engine do you run now for database? InnoDB or MyISAM?

Hello Xmlxp, interesting question.

Yesterday, before I had MySQL 5.0.94 (MyISAM) with Xenforo, and it was really really fast.

Now, I installed MariaDB 5.3.11 (InnoDB), but it seems become more slow, than previous configuration.

Howeaver, I'm continuing to test, also because I read many positive articles on MariaDB, perhaps is need to tweak and optimize settings.

And you?

I see, with which version of mysql you have good performance? 5, 5.1 or 5.5?

Do you use MyIsam or InnoDB?

Thanks digital

Hello Xmlxp, interesting question.

Yesterday, before I had MySQL 5.0.94 (MyISAM) with Xenforo, and it was really really fast.

Now, I installed MariaDB 5.3.11 (InnoDB), but it seems become more slow, than previous configuration.

Howeaver, I'm continuing to test, also because I read many positive articles on MariaDB, perhaps is need to tweak and optimize settings.

And you?
MariaDB 5.3 has alot of optimizer level changes compared to MariaDB 5.1 and 5.2 so some query plans might not be ideal in MariaDB 5.3 without tuning optimizer level. You'd probably want to stick with MariaDB 5.2 (consistently better than MariaDB 5.3 for some query plans) or try MariaDB 5.5. And regardless, tuning for MariaDB or Percona will involve slight changes compared to Oracle official MySQL. Just switching to MariaDB or Percona will not give better performance if you don't tune your settings for it. Especially for InnoDB engine tables and InnoDB/XtraDB specific MariaDB or Percona forks.

Awesome! How did you get your current members number to appear on the "Register" button?
Like this:
Code:
<label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton" class="big"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner"><span class="members">{xen:number $boardTotals.users} medlemmer</span> Registrer deg nå!</a></label>

$boardTotals are only available on forum_list, so you need two seperate register buttons.

Like this:
Code:
<label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton" class="big"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner"><span class="members">{xen:number $boardTotals.users} medlemmer</span> Registrer deg nå!</a></label>

$boardTotals are only available on forum_list, so you need two seperate register buttons.
Thank you - such a great looking site (y) I wish you every success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom