The Big Forum List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like this:
Code:
<label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton" class="big"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner"><span class="members">{xen:number $boardTotals.users} medlemmer</span> Registrer deg nå!</a></label>

$boardTotals are only available on forum_list, so you need two seperate register buttons.
I couldn't modify this code:

Code:
<label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>
into
Code:
<label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, <span class="members">{xen:number $boardTotals.users} members</span> {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>

Got an error.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv

Discussions: 302,893
Members: 31,120

Now I can announce it since we did the conversion in November or thereabouts and members have not lynched us yet. Despite all the complainers, we have almost 900 online on a Sunday afternoon, which is unprecedented. Weekends are historically our lower-traffic days.

Still fighting with ElasticSearch (we want Sphinx back), and it's still missing some needed features, but for the most part it's working quite smoothly, and the conversion went much easier than I thought!

I tend to update once a month, I'll be doing one soon though.

I'd be in favor of just listing the number of posts on a specific date and leave it at that. It can get too cumbersome to continually update it (unless you really like it as a pet project :D ).

I'd be in favor of just listing the number of posts on a specific date and leave it at that. It can get too cumbersome to continually update it (unless you really like it as a pet project :D ).

A good suggestion, it'd save quite a lot of time. Since I've received quite a few private messages about new sites to add ill do another update tomorrow (while I'm downloading the new SimCity :D).

Major Update Complete:

I have now gone through the entire list, verifying sizes and moving a huge number of forums into the correct categories, unfortunately a few forums have left Xenforo but of course since the last update a number of new sites have joined. Unfortunately because of the size the list is taking longer and longer to update (although it's not ridiculous) which means I'll probably start doing more, but smaller updates so you may notice some mistakes in the future. Also I may increase the requirements for forums to be on the list but I'm still considering that as 100,000 is a major achievement. I've marked with an (NV) any site which I've been unable to verify the size of, either because I've been unable to get it to load or there is no publicly displayed total post numbers, if one of these sites is yours and you believe it is in the wrong category for its actual size please send me a private message with total post data so I can do an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom