[TH] Reactions [Deleted]

Afterwards I've upgraded other addons normally, but 1.0.14 still crashes my site. I simply cannot install it on 2.1.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, I had the same exact problem.
The installation/upgrade failed halfway and made my website unreachable. Any CPU/Memory usage were sky high.

However, for me the issue persist with almost all upgrades. Halfway through my upgrades when run-job is running it errors to a 404 page. I have to refresh a ton of times until it gets back to normal and can install/upgrade add-ons properly.
My CPU usage is at 100% all the time. I had to disable the addon until the update.
Afterwards I've upgraded other addons normally, but 1.0.14 still crashes my site. I simply cannot install it on 2.1.

@Lukas W. is currently looking into this issue. We'll keep everyone updated on any progress.

Can this cron entry be used to convert back and use the default 2.1 before i upgrade any of them?

Convert reactions to likes

No, this just converts the reaction that uses the "Like Wrapper" option into XF likes. There is not a way to make any other reactions work with the default XF reaction system in 2.1 currently. We do have something in the works for this, but no ETA currently as we're waiting on some more feedback from the beta team. There have been a couple bug reports with the importer with some edge cases so it's not quite ready for use yet :)

No, this just converts the reaction that uses the "Like Wrapper" option into XF likes. There is not a way to make any other reactions work with the default XF reaction system in 2.1 currently. We do have something in the works for this, but no ETA currently as we're waiting on some more feedback from the beta team. There have been a couple bug reports with the importer with some edge cases so it's not quite ready for use yet :)
But it will take the actual "Likes that are positive" and turn it into likes in the xf old ways?

Hey guys,

Just a quick update as I know since 2.1 is released might have some questions.

First and foremost, we release the 2.1 capable version Jan 8th. As of the release a few people have come forth with bugs that the majority of people have not experienced. I know you need this importer and I dont have an exact date on that but I dont think itll be more than a week.

Lots of small things like the fact that the name is the same as XenForo's 2.1 caused issues and an importer isn't super straight forward, but it is with our beta team being tested. We will be releasing a new add-on and inevitably just removing this one as it serves as an unnecessary complication now that Reactions has been added to the core and we would rather people just use stock XenForo reactions and choose to add our new add-on if they want instead.

At minimum, we'll be giving anyone with a Reactions license a free Reactions Plus add-on. This will have the importer but no worries if your license expired or whatever or if you care to keep it installed, entirely up to you. The main things Reactions Plus will do:
  1. Importer to use stock XenForo reactions
  2. Icon glyph support (like FontAwesome)
  3. Support for Emoji reactions (both set by admin or chosen by user)
  4. Top content widget
  5. Animations and prettiness whenever possible
  6. Specific node settings
  7. Auto moderation (report, delete, hide) system based on Reaction score
There will be an upgrade guide posted as well so there are clear steps.

This will be a way for us to add some small enhancements here and there. Everyone argued us on abandoning it so we added just a few small things and started from scratch. The price will drop down as well.

@Jon W: just to confirm/emphasize, I was unable to load any "normal" page of @Frode789's site earlier. I could load things like sitemap.php (though it was slow), so the base XF/DB was accessible. I recommended he disable listeners via config.php and that allowed him to get into the control panel to disable this add-on. His site loads quickly for me now (though he says he is seeing a some overall higher load, though that isn't necessarily surprising to me, particularly if recovering from other load issues).

Given that disabling this add-on seems to have resolved the core issue (where the site was totally unaccessible), that really does seem to point to a change in the latest release being the problem.

I'm having this exact issue and would like to be able to access my cp to disable this add-on for the time being, until the 2.1 compatibility update is released. Could you advise me on the config tweaks that would allow me to regain access to my ACP? (or @Frode789 if you wouldn't mind sharing the tweaks you made?)

I did update my test install throughout the beta and rc process and even had this add-on's latest version updated while it was running a beta version of the 2.1 branch, I believe, so I currently have my test install running 2.1.0 with the 1.0.14 version of this add-on running just fine, but trying to update my live site just now and then being an idiot and not reading here before also trying to update to the latest version of this add-on while on 2.1.0 has locked me out of my live site. So any help in getting back into it would be greatly appreciated!

Edit -- nevermind, I'm an idiot, I sorted it out. Disabled the add-on for now and am back live again.

What I liked about [TH] Reactions is that you could see the amount of reaction given for each reaction on the post itself. With XF 2.1 you are only able to see the numbers after pressing it.

I've no idea if it is possible to have an option avaible to enable/disable that with Reactions Plus but I would highly recommend that.

What I liked about [TH] Reactions is that you could see the amount of reaction given for each reaction on the post itself. With XF 2.1 you are only able to see the numbers after pressing it.

I've no idea if it is possible to have an option avaible to enable/disable that with Reactions Plus but I would highly recommend that.

Could you elaborate on what you’re referring to? Maybe a screenshot or something?

I'm having this exact issue and would like to be able to access my cp to disable this add-on for the time being, until the 2.1 compatibility update is released. Could you advise me on the config tweaks that would allow me to regain access to my ACP? (or @Frode789 if you wouldn't mind sharing the tweaks you made?)

I did update my test install throughout the beta and rc process and even had this add-on's latest version updated while it was running a beta version of the 2.1 branch, I believe, so I currently have my test install running 2.1.0 with the 1.0.14 version of this add-on running just fine, but trying to update my live site just now and then being an idiot and not reading here before also trying to update to the latest version of this add-on while on 2.1.0 has locked me out of my live site. So any help in getting back into it would be greatly appreciated!

Edit -- nevermind, I'm an idiot, I sorted it out. Disabled the add-on for now and am back live again.

We’ve narrowed this issue down to a few bits of code that are causing it, we just aren’t sure why it’s happening yet. Just add

Code:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
to config.php and you should be able to disable the addon and then remove that line

Reactions: jul
I'm using TH Reactions and I'm about to upgrade to 2.1 so I'd like to ask what's the correct procedure to import all the TH Reactions correctly in the new Reaction feature of XF 2.1.
Thanks!

I'm using TH Reactions and I'm about to upgrade to 2.1 so I'd like to ask what's the correct procedure to import all the TH Reactions correctly in the new Reaction feature of XF 2.1.
Thanks!
I'd honestly recommend holding on for a few days until they release Reactions Plus, which will include the importer to migrate old reactions from the TH Reactions addon to the new native XF system, otherwise you'll be missing reactions.

At the moment all you can do is make sure you have 1.0.14 of this addon installed before you upgrade to 2.1 and then disable the reactions addon as soon as you upgrade to avoid the loading issues encountered above.

After i uninstall the Addon
Getting error
Server error log:
ErrorException: Template error: Template public:news_feed_item_resource_update_react is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:611

xF2.1

Getting error
Server error log:
ErrorException: Template error: Template public:news_feed_item_resource_update_react is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:611

xF2.1
Yeah, it's related to old alerts from the addon not being deleted on uninstall :oops:. Should resolve itself as the alerts disappear.

'As the alerts disappear' ;)
Alerts expire after 30 days I think. So if you disable the add-on for 30 days and then uninstall then you won't get this error.

We're going to release an update which fixes this though (in less than 30 days!), as obviously lots of people are wanting to uninstall. In the meantime, just leave the add-on disabled.

Getting error
Server error log:

xF2.1
Code:
DELETE FROM xf_news_feed WHERE action = 'react';

Last edited:
Top Bottom