[TH] Reactions [Deleted]

Out of curiosity -- Can this now be run w/ 2.1, or leave it alone until the "Reactions Plus" comes out? My license expired around about mid January, so I want to know whether or not it's worth renewing now for this update or waiting for "Reactions Plus" to solve the issue.
This should work with no issues but you are welcome to disable it and wait for "Reactions Plus" to be released as that is what we'd recommend anyways ;)

I tried upgrading to 1.0.14 Patch Level 1 in preparation to ugrading to XF 2.1 and it took my site offline, so maybe don't do that before upgrading XF... ;)

I tried upgrading to 1.0.14 Patch Level 1 in preparation to ugrading to XF 2.1 and it took my site offline, so maybe don't do that before upgrading XF... ;)

When was this? We uploaded a fix for this yesterday. When did you download the zip?

It was 1.0.14 Patch Level 1, so unless you have more than one update with the same name.... :)

But I downloaded it today, just before attempting the update. Definitely that version, because I just checked my Recycle Bin, where the deleted folder still is. I can't swear, though, that there wasn't some other issue involved (on a new Litespeed server I'm still tweaking), but replacing the files with version 1.0.13 Patch Level 4 got my site back up. I'll give it a shot later tomorrow if I have time, just to be sure it wasn't something else. Gonna wait for a Litespeed update first that's supposed to happen within the next 24 hours.

@Jon W I believe I had spoken to you in a ticket about an importer or some update that would eliminate the duplicate reactions that I had imported during my XF2 upgrade, was this something that was released already or is that still in the oven?

It was 1.0.14 Patch Level 1, so unless you have more than one update with the same name.... :)

We reuploaded the package with a minor change to fix more of an edge case issue that came up on a site. Let me double check that the package was correctly updated -- could you create a ticket at themehouse.com? It's possible that there is another issue that didn't occur on the sites we tested this patch on.

@Jon W I believe I had spoken to you in a ticket about an importer or some update that would eliminate the duplicate reactions that I had imported during my XF2 upgrade, was this something that was released already or is that still in the oven?

This is still a work in progress. A few bugs have come up in our beta release that need to be patched before public release :)

I take it this means the addon is still not officially ready for XF 2.1...?
Due to XF using same name and a lot of similar functionality, we're going to retire this product. So it'll never be supported for 2.1, we're just patching it to not break installations.

Which was surprising to me, when the announcement was made it seemed as if you guys had no idea. I'd have thought they would have reached out to you at some point to consider the options at least.

Due to XF using same name and a lot of similar functionality, we're going to retire this product. So it'll never be supported for 2.1, we're just patching it to not break installations.
Ah. Okay, thanks for clarifying, Mike. That's too bad, because as far as I know XF's version doesn't allow you to see full stats on user profiles, etc.,

Which was surprising to me, when the announcement was made it seemed as if you guys had no idea. I'd have thought they would have reached out to you at some point to consider the options at least.
Well, Xenforo probably already knew it was a little more full-featured than their own implementation and just figured they (TH) would do what most addon devs do in this situation: make their own addon even more full-featured. But then no forum/CMS developers I know of are in the habit of checking in with addon devs before implementing features into their core - and they could have been planning those features themselves for years. I can understand about the naming, but then how many things could you call it? TH could have just renamed their addon to something like "Turbo Reactions." :)

So. Should I try to update to this latest release, before uninstalling? Will this still cause an issue with the CPU 100%? @Jon W
Well, looks some people have been successful with upgrading, but I just tried upgrading to their latest update (ThemeHouse-Reactions-1.0.14_Patch_Level_2) and now I have to fix the 503 service not available error I'm seeing....

Do see a lot of this now, though...

Template errors
  • Template public:thread_list_macros: Function react_handler_status is unknown (src/XF/Template/Templater.php:860)
  • Template public:thread_list_macros: Function react_handler_status is unknown (src/XF/Template/Templater.php:860)

Last edited:
Okay, I got this fixed and the latest update working by disabling addons and rebuilding the addon's master data.

So. Should I try to update to this latest release, before uninstalling? Will this still cause an issue with the CPU 100%? @Jon W
The 100% CPU issue should be fixed now. If you're planning on upgrading to Reaction Plus, don't uninstall, just leave the add-on disabled, otherwise you will lose all your Reactions data.

Top Bottom