[TH] Reactions [Deleted]

We have our Reactions Plus add-on for 2.1 out to our beta team currently, timeline for release depends on the feedback we receive there :)

OH boy! Please give this to me now... 😅😍

I need all those reactions I've gathered this year to show up. And new ones being used with TH Reactions, not the new default reactions.

Cannot wait for the [TH] Reactions release that supports XF 2.1! It is superb over all other reactions especially with the smooth animations.

However, was wondering if it is possible to remove the boxes around the icons/reactions/numbers. For me it doesn't look sleek.

Just a quick reminder to any upgrading to XenForo 2.1, please upgrade to version 1.0.14 of this add-on first!

WARNING IF YOU USE XF 2.1 AND THIS ADDON

Sadly I upgraded to 2.1 of XF first, and then all my other addons. As you are supposed to do. So far so good.

But then I tried reactions. upgrading from 1.0.13 patch 1 to the latest 1.0.14 version. My site crashed. The above post by Jon W was posted afterwards.. Now I have no idea what to do, can't access my site.

WARNING IF YOU USE XF 2.1 AND THIS ADDON

Sadly I upgraded to 2.1 of XF first, and then all my other addons. As you are supposed to do. So far so good.

But then I tried reactions. upgrading from 1.0.13 patch 1 to the latest 1.0.14 version. My site crashed. The above post by Jon W was posted afterwards.. Now I have no idea what to do, can't access my site.
The two issues are actually unconnected, although as I discussed with you, we do recommend that you should have upgraded first, which is why I made my post.

That your site is unresponsive is actually due to a problem with the way add-on upgrades are handled by the XenForo system. I understand that you are waiting to hear back from your web host.

@Chris D @Mike I asked the customer to raise this in a ticket and the ticket was unfortunately closed. I think this really needs to be looked into.

I'm only just looking into this ticket now.

As far as I understand it, XF 2.1 was working fine, and the issues began when the add-on was updated to the latest version.

What was reported to us as a report from the developer was:
The update makes a lot of changes to templates etc., so it does result in a lot of database queries.
Are you implying that upgrading the add-on triggers lots of queries, and therefore that has caused the issues?

The number of templates which have changed that an add-on has is irrelevant. The number of templates that an add-on has is slightly more relevant, but I assume you have fewer than XF in total, which is over 1000.

Logically if upgrading a single add-on causes this issue with X number of templates, upgrading XF itself would have caused the same issue because it likely has significantly more to do during upgrading and significantly more queries.

So I'm not really sure how this falls upon us. Can you elaborate in more detail? I'm seeing the finger pointed at us, but I'm not sure if we're missing any pieces of the puzzle.

I'm only just looking into this ticket now.

As far as I understand it, XF 2.1 was working fine, and the issues began when the add-on was updated to the latest version.
This is correct.

Are you implying that upgrading the add-on triggers lots of queries, and therefore that has caused the issues?
The add-on update itself does not do any database queries of its own. So other than the changes to templates etc., I can't think of any other reason why the update process would cause the server to become unresponsive.

Possibly one difference between the 2.1 update and this add-on update is that the site was still open?

The number of templates which have changed that an add-on has is irrelevant. The number of templates that an add-on has is slightly more relevant, but I assume you have fewer than XF in total, which is over 1000.
The add-on has less than 100 templates and about 40 template modifications.

I've replied to the ticket with some additional follow up elements (recommending disabling listeners and add-ons to test). I don't know what came of it, but there are several other reports on the previous page of this thread about performance issues after upgrading the add-on:

On the face of it, there might be something to them, though as I said, I don't know what the outcome of those comments were.

So, to report back to others reading this.

I was able to get into my admin cp again, after some nice assistance by editing my config.php file.

Still performance issues with this addon disabled, though nothing near as bad. Will investigate further..

@Jon W: just to confirm/emphasize, I was unable to load any "normal" page of @Frode789's site earlier. I could load things like sitemap.php (though it was slow), so the base XF/DB was accessible. I recommended he disable listeners via config.php and that allowed him to get into the control panel to disable this add-on. His site loads quickly for me now (though he says he is seeing a some overall higher load, though that isn't necessarily surprising to me, particularly if recovering from other load issues).

Given that disabling this add-on seems to have resolved the core issue (where the site was totally unaccessible), that really does seem to point to a change in the latest release being the problem.

@Mike There are actually no changes in the add-on other than things being renamed, so if his site worked before the update then, theoretically, it should work exactly the same after the update. The reason for the renaming was just to make sure we weren't using any of the same terminology that is in the XF 2.1 reactions feature.

@Frode789 has pointed out that the add-on upgrade process never completed. He also mentioned that the server load seemed to increase after he uploaded the new files, which I guess is understandable as there were probably some errors being thrown if the add-on was still enabled since he hadn't yet run the upgrade. The site then completely flatlined when he started the upgrade.

I completely agree that this release is the common factor, but it also seems to me that it is pointing to a flaw in the upgrade process.

Just to clarify, I had the same exact problem.
The installation/upgrade failed halfway and made my website unreachable. Any CPU/Memory usage were sky high.

However, for me the issue persist with almost all upgrades. Halfway through my upgrades when run-job is running it errors to a 404 page. I have to refresh a ton of times until it gets back to normal and can install/upgrade add-ons properly.

Any way to export TH reactions data into XenForo 2.1? I will like to switch to XF rather than keep using this addon.

Top Bottom