[TH] Monetize Pro with DFP & Affiliate Link support [Deleted]

Thanks again.

I can't get the responsive AdSense ad to show in the header, but I can in other zones. Not sure why.

I'm still not getting DFP ads to display through HTML for some reason. Do I need to put the big string of HTML somewhere other than in Options>[AD] Monetize: General Options>Global Javascript?

Still unable to get DFP ads to show using HTML. I've tried putting the long string of ad locations in the Global Javascript and also in the Head part of PAGE CONTAINER template.

Has anyone had success getting this to work and have some advice?

I'm still looking for some assistance as I can't get DFP to load using HTML. I am using AdUnits that display on my live forum, so I know they are working there. Has anyone had success with this and have some tips?

I would like to fix the ad appearing in my header to be lower as it appears at the very top. I'd like it to line up better with the logo on the left.

Can someone help with something I can add to extra.css to move that down about 20px?

Hi @Mike Creuzer! We use your themes and love them. We are considering an ad manager and have a question:

Will Ad Monetize Pro allow us to completely disable ads for certain usergroups?

For example, we are considering a configuration where "Unregistered / Not Logged in" users see all ads, while "Registered" usergroup does not see ads.

Or possibly:

"Unregistered / Not Logged In" - see all ads
"Registered" - see fewer ads
"VIP" - see no ads

Thank you! :)

I can't get the responsive AdSense ad to show in the header, but I can in other zones. Not sure why.

This likely has more to do with the style you're using than the ad manager. It's possible that your style has the ad_header position disabled, UI.X does this depending on certain style properties

Still unable to get DFP ads to show using HTML. I've tried putting the long string of ad locations in the Global Javascript and also in the Head part of PAGE CONTAINER template.

Ideally you should be using the DFP advertisement type. However, if you'd really like to insert the code manually I'd recommend using the AdSense advertisement type as this makes a couple minor changes to the way the advertisements are displayed to be in line with Google's TOS

Will Ad Monetize Pro allow us to completely disable ads for certain usergroups?

Yep!
For example, we are considering a configuration where "Unregistered / Not Logged in" users see all ads, while "Registered" usergroup does not see ads.

Or possibly:

"Unregistered / Not Logged In" - see all ads
"Registered" - see fewer ads
"VIP" - see no ads

Either of those are possible. You can set individual ads to hide from any group or if you assign your advertisements to an advertisement group you can assign the same set of permissions or template conditionals to apply to multiple advertisements.

This likely has more to do with the style you're using than the ad manager. It's possible that your style has the ad_header position disabled, UI.X does this depending on certain style properties

I am using the default style. I have given up on the idea of placing individual ad units via DFP and have been using the DFP Advertising type. I'm currently re-configuring my whole DFP set-up to make this work better for me.

I am trying to move the location of the header ad down 5-10px, but I can't figure out how to do it and still be able to use the "header" location in this add on. I can do it if I manually insert the ad code into the template, but not via this add on. Any tips?

I see the option for "wrapper class" in the ad zone options, but I'm not sure if I can use that to give a little padding to the top margin or not. All my attempts have not been successful.

I am trying to move the location of the header ad down 5-10px, but I can't figure out how to do it and still be able to use the "header" location in this add on. I can do it if I manually insert the ad code into the template, but not via this add on. Any tips?

Try this:
Code:
.funzone_header {
     margin-top: 10px;
}

I can't believe it, but I finally got this to work. I don't know what I was doing wrong before as I'm sure I've added that same code to extra.css a dozen times. But it's working now. Thanks.

@Mike Creuzer @Jake B.
I think I found a bug. I am trying to get an ad to show everywhere except in Forum ID 100.
I set the conditional as $forum.node_id != 100.
The result of inputting that conditional is that the ad only shows now on threads and thread lists (except forum ID 100), but the ad is no longer visible on any other pages. I did DFP debugging, and checked the page source and the ad code just isn't showing up at all, which leads me to believe that the issue is coming from Monetize Pro and specifically the way the conditional is working.

@Mike Creuzer @Jake B.
I think I found a bug. I am trying to get an ad to show everywhere except in Forum ID 100.
I set the conditional as $forum.node_id != 100.
The result of inputting that conditional is that the ad only shows now on threads and thread lists (except forum ID 100), but the ad is no longer visible on any other pages. I did DFP debugging, and checked the page source and the ad code just isn't showing up at all, which leads me to believe that the issue is coming from Monetize Pro and specifically the way the conditional is working.
Added this in as a bug. We'll look into it.

Added this in as a bug. We'll look into it.
I would appreciate if someone from TH can give me a sense of when this could be looked into / fixed. I have clients who are waiting to run ads who I have had to put on hold, so having some sort of rough time frame would be useful. Thanks.

I would appreciate if someone from TH can give me a sense of when this could be looked into / fixed. I have clients who are waiting to run ads who I have had to put on hold, so having some sort of rough time frame would be useful. Thanks.

We'll try to get a release out that fixes this next week

Jake

Would it be possible to see a working example of the new keyword replacement feature? I've tried looking around the demo site but it doesn't seem to demonstrate it (I'd also like to see the ACP options for this feature).

I have another add-on I use for keyword replacement but instead of wrapping the link around the post text it completely replaces it - meaning I have to add lots of links replacements for the various ways my members type out retailers / manufactureres.

Is your keyword replacement case sensitive? Can it be set to leave the text "as is" and simply wrap a link around it? Will it work with any variation of the replacement text, i.e.; Evans cycles | Evans Cycles | evans Cycles | evans cycles | EVANS cycles | etc. etc. ?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

We'll try to get a release out that fixes this next week

Jake
Ok sorry to be a nag, but it's been a while now. Assuming this is a bug, and not some error on my side, this really should be taken care of ASAP as the add-on is essentially not working as is advertised, and we have advertisers sitting and waiting for us to run ads for them.

Would it be possible to see a working example of the new keyword replacement feature? I've tried looking around the demo site but it doesn't seem to demonstrate it (I'd also like to see the ACP options for this feature).

I have another add-on I use for keyword replacement but instead of wrapping the link around the post text it completely replaces it - meaning I have to add lots of links replacements for the various ways my members type out retailers / manufactureres.

Is your keyword replacement case sensitive? Can it be set to leave the text "as is" and simply wrap a link around it? Will it work with any variation of the replacement text, i.e.; Evans cycles | Evans Cycles | evans Cycles | evans cycles | EVANS cycles | etc. etc. ?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

They Keyword replace feature that we've included is essentially a clone of our Keyword Replace add-on merged into the ad manager. It behaves in a similar way to the one that you mentioned that you currently use

Ok sorry to be a nag, but it's been a while now. Assuming this is a bug, and not some error on my side, this really should be taken care of ASAP as the add-on is essentially not working as is advertised, and we have advertisers sitting and waiting for us to run ads for them.

Sorry for the delay, thought I got that patch released already.

Top Bottom