[TH] Monetize Pro with DFP & Affiliate Link support [Deleted]

It sounds like you may have set a height on the image, just verify that you don't have a height hardcoded for that image anywhere

No, I wouldn't even know how to do that.

I have the height and width in the Ad's Link Options settings because it is asking for them.

Maybe I just need to go to bed here.. I just don't get the conditions and how to set them up :(

we're trying to setup a few listed here
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/conditional-statements.1604/

How would you go about restricting the ad to selected forums like this.

Code:
28. How can I show content in more than one forum?
<xen:if is="in_array({$forum.node_id}, array(x, y, z))">
This content will show in forums x, y, and z
</xen:if>

29. How can I show content in all forums with a specific parent?
<xen:if is="{$forum.parent_node_id} == x">
This content will show in forums of parent x

I have one category, lets call it ID 1, and two sub forums under it, lets call them 2 and 3

I've tried just putting
$forum.parent_node_id == 1
but I don't see any changes on the front end.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll take another look after some sleep. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

Not sure if this has been suggested before or if you have this already in the works but it would be nice to be able to assign the same advertisement to multiple zones, instead of having to create a new/duplicate the advertisement multiple times for each zone. If this is not possible maybe a csv import/export process, this would be pretty helpful.

Maybe I just need to go to bed here.. I just don't get the conditions and how to set them up :(

we're trying to setup a few listed here
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/conditional-statements.1604/

How would you go about restricting the ad to selected forums like this.

Code:
28. How can I show content in more than one forum?
<xen:if is="in_array({$forum.node_id}, array(x, y, z))">
This content will show in forums x, y, and z

29. How can I show content in all forums with a specific parent?
<xen:if is="{$forum.parent_node_id} == x">
This content will show in forums of parent x

I have one category, lets call it ID 1, and two sub forums under it, lets call them 2 and 3

I've tried just putting
$forum.parent_node_id == 1
but I don't see any changes on the front end.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll take another look after some sleep. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

With the way the ad manager works, it has to match all template conditionals set. So, you will need to list out each Node ID using something like this:

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-08%20at%2011.19.00%20AM.png

Not sure if this has been suggested before or if you have this already in the works but it would be nice to be able to assign the same advertisement to multiple zones, instead of having to create a new/duplicate the advertisement multiple times for each zone. If this is not possible maybe a csv import/export process, this would be pretty helpful.

Supporting a single advertisement in multiple zones is not currently planned. However, there is a 'clone' button that you can use.

Looks like part of the installer didn't run, likely from an OpCache of some sort.

Try running this query:

Code:
ALTER TABLE `admon_advertisement` ADD `dfp_size_mapping` MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL AFTER `dfp_targeting`;
Thanks, that works fine ..

Just as it is? At the beginning or end? I assume outside the quotes of the actual link. Sorry...

Couple more questions:

Why is there no option for the Device sizing when using Adsense? I'd like to show an ad in the header for desktop and landscape tablet, but not smaller formats.

And, because I want to use different AdUnits for DFP, can I use the HTML option to call them instead of your DFP interface?

Just as it is? At the beginning or end? I assume outside the quotes of the actual link. Sorry...

Not quite sure what you mean

Why is there no option for the Device sizing when using Adsense? I'd like to show an ad in the header for desktop and landscape tablet, but not smaller formats.

It is against Googles TOS to alter the advertisements in a way that allows us to use the device sizing. What you can do, however, is use Google's responsive adsense type

And, because I want to use different AdUnits for DFP, can I use the HTML option to call them instead of your DFP interface?

Yep, you can just paste them into the html fields. However, you won't get use of the extra features we include for DFP (such as the tracking parameters)

Top Bottom