[TH] Monetize Pro with DFP & Affiliate Link support [Deleted]

is it possibile to display a "default" adsense ad (or custom html) if the zone is not sold to anyone?

That is not currently supported but may be something we would add in a future release if there is interest.
Thank you @Jake B.

I think this is a very important feature to not losing earnings when a sponsor/advertiser subscription expire and don't get renewed.
So right know the add-on notify administrator and sponsor/subscriber some days before the "ads subscription" expire?

They Keyword replace feature that we've included is essentially a clone of our Keyword Replace add-on merged into the ad manager. It behaves in a similar way to the one that you mentioned that you currently use

Okay, thanks for letting me know. (y)

is it possibile to display a "default" adsense ad (or custom html) if the zone is not sold to anyone?

I haven't gotten to the point of selling ad space yet, but I'm curious about how it works now. If you sell ad space, but already have stock ads in that location, does the purchased space take priority, or is there a conflict. If you don't have someone currently buying the space, is it blank? If so, I think the ability to set a "default" would be a great feature.

I haven't gotten to the point of selling ad space yet, but I'm curious about how it works now. If you sell ad space, but already have stock ads in that location, does the purchased space take priority, or is there a conflict. If you don't have someone currently buying the space, is it blank? If so, I think the ability to set a "default" would be a great feature.

Currently it will select one of the advertisements for that location based on weights. I definitely agree that a 'default' advertisement of sorts does make sense here. Probably an option on the specific advertisement called "Only display when no others exist for this zone" or something.

@Mike Creuzer @Jake B.
I think I found a bug. I am trying to get an ad to show everywhere except in Forum ID 100.
I set the conditional as $forum.node_id != 100.
The result of inputting that conditional is that the ad only shows now on threads and thread lists (except forum ID 100), but the ad is no longer visible on any other pages. I did DFP debugging, and checked the page source and the ad code just isn't showing up at all, which leads me to believe that the issue is coming from Monetize Pro and specifically the way the conditional is working.

@Jake B. , so the != operator is now working, however I have run into another issue.
I am trying to get a 728x90 ad to show everywhere except in Forum ID 100. I set the conditional as $forum.node_id != 100. This worked, as the 728x90 ad is not showing in Forum ID 100.

However, I am also trying to get a different ad unit showing 970x90 res to show up in Forum ID 100. So I set the conditional to '$forum.node_id == 100'. However, despite this conditional, the 970x90 ends up showing everywhere on the site instead of just in '100'. I also tried using >101 and <99 conditionals so that the 970x90 ad would only show in forum '100', but that just made nothing appear in forum '100'.

@Jake B. , so the != operator is now working, however I have run into another issue.
I am trying to get a 728x90 ad to show everywhere except in Forum ID 100. I set the conditional as $forum.node_id != 100. This worked, as the 728x90 ad is not showing in Forum ID 100.

However, I am also trying to get a different ad unit showing 970x90 res to show up in Forum ID 100. So I set the conditional to '$forum.node_id == 100'. However, despite this conditional, the 970x90 ends up showing everywhere on the site instead of just in '100'. I also tried using >101 and <99 conditionals so that the 970x90 ad would only show in forum '100', but that just made nothing appear in forum '100'.

Would you mind creating a ticket over at audentio.com with admin details so we could take a look into this?

Can someone please tell me what "weight" is supposed to do.

I have 3 ads rotating in one position. One has a weight of 100, the other two each have a weight of 1.

I presumed the weighting would mean that one would be present a lot more than the others, but this is not the case.

I presumed the weighting would mean that one would be present a lot more than the others, but this is not the case.

This should be the case. What type of advertisements are you using, and are they being rendered with javascript?

They are html. I'm not sure what you mean by rendered with javascript, so presumably not.

When you edit the advertisement there is a checkbox that says "Render with javascript" Is this checked? Also, just to be sure, are all of these advertisements in the same zone?

Would you mind creating a ticket with admin details?

OK, I did that but the answer there is different, and a bit confusing. It just says the weighting only affects the order of the rotation, not that one is there more than the others (which is what I asked above in post 351)

So if this is the case, how do I actually get one ad weighted more than the others, so it has more exposure based on the weighting?

See product description:

• Manage rate of occurrence with Weight

• Enable weight based rotation

OK, I did that but the answer there is different, and a bit confusing. It just says the weighting only affects the order of the rotation, not that one is there more than the others (which is what I asked above in post 351)

So if this is the case, how do I actually get one ad weighted more than the others, so it has more exposure based on the weighting?

See product description:

• Manage rate of occurrence with Weight

• Enable weight based rotation

Sorry for the confusion with this. The ticket response you received the correct response. Currently weights for ads only effect the frequency of the first ad shown. The ad selected for each rotation from then on will initially use weights to determine the order of the ads, but once every ad is placed in that order the ads will continue to rotate in that order with an equal probability. This was done to ensure that every time the ad should rotate that it is actually displaying a new ad. One workaround for this could be to place multiple identical ads in that location. By having multiple ads that are identical, the "rotation" would be able to change to the same ad and you could "weight" this by adjusting how many duplicate ads you placed.

4 days no response from your ticket system, so I will post it here:

Paid for this and installed it what seems to be correctly.
Banners not showing up.
I will pay to get it fixed....

I think its configured right except i must have missed one thing and not sure what it is.

Please get in touch.

Top Bottom