[TH] Monetize Pro with DFP & Affiliate Link support [Deleted]

4 days no response from your ticket system, so I will post it here:

Paid for this and installed it what seems to be correctly.
Banners not showing up.
I will pay to get it fixed....

I think its configured right except i must have missed one thing and not sure what it is.

Please get in touch.

Hi Adam,

The delay was because we generally do not have anyone in the office on the weekends, and there is a notice at the top of the ticket pages that states this. However, your ticket has been responded to.

how to exclude a template like: report_view
I set conditionals:
report_view NOT IN (value nothing)
but in this way ads are hided from all the pages

I'm looking for a little help here properly setting up ads with DFP to display. I'm trying to display two square banners on my sidebar, one at the top for everyone (except one usergroup) and one at the bottom for guests only.

I've set up separate orders: one for the top and and one for the bottom (different networks). I've also set up two inventory locations. Both ads have the correct DFP id and are specifying the intended ad locations. They both have the same size mapping and are the same size.

I believe my configuration of DFP's tags may be incorrect, and could use some help. I've generated tags for both and included the head tags in Monetize Pro's global section. I have not included the ad unit tags because I'm using DFP's Monetize ad type with the inventory id's.

I'm new to DFP so I'm still learning, hopefully someone could point out what I'm doing incorrectly.

In short, DFP Ad #2 will not display and DFP Ad #1 is displaying in Ad #2's zone/inventory spot, when it shouldn't.

We have been unable to get this to work with DFP (the only reason we purchased it), and have spent two days trying different things to get it to work. We haven't heard back from Audentio Support as to why it isn't working. The Audentio support does not seem to be very good at all.

We will be asking for our money back shortly if this add-on does not do what it is supposed to on our forum.

It took a lot of work to get this add-on almost working on our test forum. We tried to do it ourselves and it would only partially work, serving only 2 dfp ads into each page. When Audentio support finally responded to our cry's for help (and this took a long time and a dispute filed with paypal), they managed to get it to work with 3 dfp ads, and I thought it was fixed... But sadly that is the maximum number of ads we could ever run per page with this Add-on.

After two weeks of testing it with the 3 DFP ads on our test forum serving test ads (simple image ads we created for the purpose), it failed entirely and stopped serving ads completely into our pages.

This add-on creates DFP code dynamically and I suspect this is where the problem is, but i am just worn out from trying to get this add-on to work as it is described, and to work RELIABLY, which is the most import part of forum monetization.

You can't count on this Ad Monteize Pro Add-on to do what it is promised to do.

Also, I am not really sure how Google views programming that creates DFP code on the fly like that, and perhaps that is another reason why it might have stopped working - perhaps the DFP network blocked the ad tags being created by this Add-on... As a DFP user for over a decade I wouldn't be surprised.

Fundamentally, trying to get this AD Monetize Pro Add-On to work was an expensive lesson in time and money for us. As Audentio was reluctant to refund us our money when we found it wasn't working right from the outset, and probably won't now, I suggest you be very careful if you are considering the purchase of this Add-on. This Add-on is expensive and did not work. We uninstalled it. We'd like a refund of the purchase price.

We should have stuck to doing the responsive DFP code ourselves, which we did, was free, and took us all of 15 minutes to do successfully.

Alex

Fundamentally, trying to get this AD Monetize Pro Add-On to work was an expensive lesson in time and money for us. As Audentio was reluctant to refund us our money when we found it wasn't working right from the outset, and probably won't now, I suggest you be very careful if you are considering the purchase of this Add-on. This Add-on is expensive and did not work. We uninstalled it. We'd like a refund of the purchase price.

This is also my experience.

It took a lot of work to get this add-on almost working on our test forum. We tried to do it ourselves and it would only partially work, serving only 2 dfp ads into each page. When Audentio support finally responded to our cry's for help (and this took a long time and a dispute filed with paypal), they managed to get it to work with 3 dfp ads, and I thought it was fixed... But sadly that is the maximum number of ads we could ever run per page with this Add-on.

After two weeks of testing it with the 3 DFP ads on our test forum serving test ads (simple image ads we created for the purpose), it failed entirely and stopped serving ads completely into our pages.

This add-on creates DFP code dynamically and I suspect this is where the problem is, but i am just worn out from trying to get this add-on to work as it is described, and to work RELIABLY, which is the most import part of forum monetization.

You can't count on this Ad Monteize Pro Add-on to do what it is promised to do.

Also, I am not really sure how Google views programming that creates DFP code on the fly like that, and perhaps that is another reason why it might have stopped working - perhaps the DFP network blocked the ad tags being created by this Add-on... As a DFP user for over a decade I wouldn't be surprised.

We should have stuck to doing the responsive DFP code ourselves, which we did, was free, and took us all of 15 minutes to do successfully.

Alex
Appreciate that you´ve shared your experiences since this is answering a few questions I moved in my head the last weeks. Wanted to make the move to DFP with that addon but now I´ll better stick with the setup we already have up & running.

they managed to get it to work with 3 dfp ads, and I thought it was fixed... But sadly that is the maximum number of ads we could ever run per page with this Add-on.

We didn't do anything special with the advertisement, just copied in the details for the ad unit exactly as they appeared on your DFP console.

It's certainly not doing anything against DFP's terms, it is only taking the information you input and displaying it using DFP's tags.

This is also my experience.

Every issue you had pointed out was fixed, even when it wasn't caused by our add-on, and I don't recall you ever mentioning anything about DFP

Every issue you had pointed out was fixed, even when it wasn't caused by our add-on, and I don't recall you ever mentioning anything about DFP

I said nothing about DFP. I was just talking more generally about asking for a refund, being refused. Then recently finding other issues regarding the addon not working as advertised.

Fundamentally, trying to get this AD Monetize Pro Add-On to work was an expensive lesson in time and money for us. As Audentio was reluctant to refund us our money when we found it wasn't working right from the outset, and probably won't now, I suggest you be very careful if you are considering the purchase of this Add-on. This Add-on is expensive and did not work.
This was my experience as well.

This add-on does a lot of things. A lot. And if you have issues with one of them, we need it reported if we are going to know what it is. We actively support our add-ons and are happy to fix any issues, if anyone creates a ticket with the issue expect it to be fixed within a reasonable timeframe.

To my knowledge I do not know of any outstanding issues on the product. And we do not blindly give out refunds without knowing whats going on. @tribedude short of posting our conversation here, the issue you had was that it just wasn't installed properly. We went in and installed it free of charge properly. So this hardly seems fair for you to write this. It is unfounded. You may have your money back if you are going to go around writing lies instead. This is a $45 add-on that does a lot of awesome features. We are proud of this product, it is used by a lot of people successfully.

This add-on can work with or without DFP. How you use it technically could be incorrectly, but thats the same without the add-on. This add-on can send information back to Google so you can use it if you sell ads directly. It even has an internal management/owernship/approval system. If new features are needed, let us know.

We also offer installation for merely $15, if for some reason the issue is not resolved. And if it IS a bug, we refund that money.

Not using DFP but this add-on has worked great for me. Looked a long time to replace my old one. Jake fixed any issues I had right away. Been running on it for 10 months now.

To my knowledge I do not know of any outstanding issues on the product. And we do not blindly give out refunds without knowing whats going on. @tribedude short of posting our conversation here, the issue you had was that it just wasn't installed properly. We went in and installed it free of charge properly. So this hardly seems fair for you to write this. It is unfounded. You may have your money back if you are going to go around writing lies instead. This is a $45 add-on that does a lot of awesome features. We are proud of this product, it is used by a lot of people successfully.

Firstly, I do not make posts like this lightly. I do not spread lies, and accusing me of doing so is just childish. My post reflects my experience with this Add-on, the Audentio support, and the ordeals we went through trying to get the product to work on our domain, a domain which, incidentally, is using one of your themes. Ultimately the product just stopped serving ads into the pages last week as we described. It doesn't work for us and it never worked on our site to the extent we needed it to, which is to serve 5 or more DFP ads into a page reliably. It has not lived up to the promises made on the Audentio marketing sell sheet for the Add-on for us. I am not making any comments about it not working for others, I am only speaking to our experience with this specific product.

I will gladly take our money back for this product as it has been uninstalled.

Thank you

Last edited:
Firstly, I do not make posts like this lightly. I do not spread lies, and accusing me of doing so is just childish. My post reflects my experience with this Add-on, the Audentio support, and the ordeals we went through trying to get the product to work on our domain, a domain which, incidentally, is using one of your themes. Ultimately the product just stopped serving ads into the pages last week as we described. It doesn't work for us and it never worked on our site to the extent wee needed it to, which is to serve 5 or more DFP ads into a page reliably. It has not lived up to the promises made on the Audentio marketing sell sheet for the Add-on for us. I am not making any comments about it not working for others, I am only speaking to our experience with this specific product.

I will gladly take our money back for this product as it has been uninstalled.

Thank you
My problem was and has always been that claiming that it doesn't live up isn't quite fair, what did it not do? What did it claim to do that it doesn't? This is pretty standard stuff. That $45 is pretty big for our company, we are not wal-mart. We are a SMALL company, and making such loud verbose claims without any proof or even giving us a chance to fix it is not only not fair but it's quite unsettling.

Proof = refund in the future. And by us giving you a refund we are going to be doing so against our terms, and this typically would mean that you are not abiding by our terms by making a demand. And therefore you may not be suited to use our products. Just to be clear, is this what you wish? If so, PC me a paypal email and your account at audentio.com so I can make the adjustments. I am sorry for your experience.

I just used your keyword method, and when I setup a keyword as html to replace the keyword with a link, then set the limit per page to 1, all posts that contained the word further where blank. It didn't just skip over them, it blanked the posts out in UiX.

is there any way to use this with skimlinks please?
Since skimlinks is just a bit of code you add to the document, yes its supported. Nothing that this add-on would necessarily change per se. Unless you wanted to use this add-ons conditionals for certain ads or whatever.

Long story is yes, but whether you need this add-on depends on your use.

Top Bottom