Text Editor: Blueish smaller icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floren

Mike,

I'm wondering how feasible would be to have a set of tiny icons like the old editor had.
Also, a nice blueish background would be great to match the forum header? Let me know what you think.

Blue wouldn't match sites which have no blue.

You can style the editor to suit in Style Properties.

You can also replace the sprite if you want to use different icons.

A number of responses are showing dissatisfaction with the editor colour and it is certainly jarring compared to the rest of XF design which is very pleasant.

Surely it would be possible to insert one of the pale blue colours from the Palette? maybe the same as the breadcrumbs

Then it would match whatever style used because it would switch to a background colour according to the site theme.

Yep. I much preferred TinyMCE's look.

Of course this new editor is better I guess, but truth be told, the look isn't as much to my liking.

Well, it's good it's customizable...

Blue wouldn't match sites which have no blue.
The same way Grey does not match many sites either, including the original XF design. The idea is to have a standard product that matches the theme, no? As you said very well, users can customize the colors after. IMO, the editor color sticks like a sore thumb around the blueish theme XF has. For example the bar background should have a standard color present in XF scheme, so it changes automatically when the user modifies the global variable.

Last edited:
Changing it from gray to blue in a 1.x release would force any owner to now update and style it to need. Most designs didn't touch the editor, so a grey color makes sense.

Consistency works, and now it's easy to change on yours.

Changing it from gray to blue in a 1.x release would force any owner to now update and style it to need.
Not if the editor is using the built-in XF color palette, as it should. Remember, Brogan said is fully customizable? So why not take advantage of this?

Not if the editor is using the built-in XF color palette, as it should. Remember, Brogan said is fully customizable? So why not take advantage of this?

It's using style properties, which aren't defaulting to primaryLight and what not. At this point, it's still consistency. They haven't made sweeping changes to the style between 1.x releases, so styles will still function.

Such a massive change to the editor will force customers to make changes, which isn't and shouldn't be the goal.

The old one did stick out, but the new one with the gradient shading effect stands out even more.

Luxus - That would have been perfect!

People will have to style it to suit their sites anyway, might as well make it harmonious with the default theme at least :)

I think what stands out is that it could use some colors like it has before. But even those I imagine are easily changeable.

Grey is flexible.

That light blue is not.

You can look at this the following way:

People who want to use the default style for their site are happier with a blue editor (you can't deny that).
People who want to use a custom style are going to style the editor anyway.

So all what the grey editor does is force people who want to use the default style to customize it, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom