Text Editor: Blueish smaller icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK good some progress I think as it identifies the misunderstanding.

I hope I'm right that the grey the editor uses is @pageBackground? if not no big deal, it's one of them thar greys you displayed! Though the older editor had a warmer, more delicate grey.

Well what Luxus and I have been asking you for is examples where the same grey is used in the default XF design. (We were not asking how many greys there are in the XF default palette.)

The reason we were/ are asking for where this grey gets used on key elements of the XF default design, is because IF it gets used quite a bit like the pale blue, peach, darker blues, that would support the idea that this grey is consistent and integrated with XF design.
If it doesn't get used as a key colour on standard elements, that means this editor colour is non--standard, does not fit with the default XF design.

I've answered your question. Do the leg work. You cannot pick and choose parts of the style to fit your argument since that really brings us back around where we began, square 1 we're no closer. I responded, eventually and answered your question (mainly because it exposed the real you with your insults) But hey, now you answer mine, please. Inconsistency, why? how? :D

something like the following? I'm not an advance coder so wouldn't be sure how to display all those functions on one line. But a crude screenshot of me tinkering in firebug.

floren-editor.webp

Last edited:
something like the following? I'm not advance coder so would be sure to display all those functions on one line. But a crude screenshot of me tinkering in firebug.

View attachment 48519
Ya, but look at the icons they have on their site. They are small and clean, XF has some huge ones. I'm curious if Mike uses Redactor 9.
Edit: just saw the post above, we should move to Redactor 9! :)
XenForo uses Redactor version 8.2.6.
Redactor 9 doesn't support IE8 so XenForo probably won't be using Redactor 9 for another while.
I really hope this will not stop Mike to upgrade.

Ya, but look at the icons they have on their site. They are small and clean, XF has some huge ones. I'm curious if Mike uses Redactor 9.
Edit: just saw the post above, we should move to Redactor 9! :)

oh the icons. I'm sure (when 1.2 is released) I can knock up a duplicate set for you and post those in the resource manager. They are relatively simple designs that shouldn't take long at all if that is any interest to you.

oh the icons. I'm sure (when 1.2 is released) I can knock up a duplicate set for you and post those in the resource manager. They are relatively simple designs that shouldn't take long at all.
But why do this when it can be by default done in XF. I'm sure Mike would like that. :D

But why do this when it can be by default done in XF. I'm sure Mike would like that. :D

lol I hear ya. Well I'll let you bash that out with him I think i've had enough to last me a lifetime with the editor. Either which way this all swings I'll be happy regardless. :) It's a vast improvement no matter what happens.

Frankly, this topic has been beaten to death, by the same people, with the same responses over and over again -- about 50 of them in a few hours. The whole topic gets derailed because of this.

As I said in the other thread, we've read your feedback and changes will be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom