Resource icon

Template Modification System (TMS) 1.3.1

No permission to download
There really, really, really .... Needs to be away to keep all your custom template while updating a theme / styles, without losing them all.

I thought this addon did that?
Not to my knowledge.

The way you "update" a style is by overwriting it. And that seems to "wipe out" any customizations you've made (which I guess in some way is expected).... There needs to be away to "export" those edits in TMS without needing to make an add-on for each one.

The TMS is based on search & replacement procedure. So if the search element is changed during the style update, you will have of course to modify the search/replace code in TMS. Nothing that can be done here, except may be to wait a few hundreds year when PHP/Regex will integrate a high superior IA ;)

If no update is done, the modification will work. If he doesn't try a manual template rebuilding.

If you ever wish to uninstall this, does it mean that every addon that you have installed on your site will break so you are locked in to using this addon for ever?

The reason I ask is that for any template modification I do I always add a comment so I know why, and the frequency of XF updates do not warrant any concern for me about workloads when updating the core software. The problem I have now is I want to install an addon (Arty's Responsive Addon) that can only be done by also installing this TMS addon. I am reluctant to install any addon that relies on another addon especially one that can impact other addons or impact performance when ever I am working on the site.

Personally I think this may be a great addon for many site owners but I have 28 addons that haven't needed it and now find I am being forced into using it because of one addon that I would like to use.

If you ever wish to uninstall this, does it mean that every addon that you have installed on your site will break so you are locked in to using this addon for ever?

The reason I ask is that for any template modification I do I always add a comment so I know why, and the frequency of XF updates do not warrant any concern for me about workloads when updating the core software. The problem I have now is I want to install an addon (Arty's Responsive Addon) that can only be done by also installing this TMS addon. I am reluctant to install any addon that relies on another addon especially one that can impact other addons or impact performance when ever I am working on the site.

Personally I think this may be a great addon for many site owners but I have 28 addons that haven't needed it and now find I am being forced into using it because of one addon that I would like to use.

I think it does makes sense for several addons depend on an addon rather than each of them includes depended functions inside it. It is better for performance.

Select table, click Structure tab, select columns and click Drop.

Or run ALTER TABLE whatever DROP column1, column2;

Thank you Arty
I droped those two columns in xf_templates

But i still have the message :
Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'tms_modification' already exists
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in TMS/Manufacture.php at line 91
  4. TMS_Manufacture->_installVersion1() in TMS/Manufacture.php at line 59
  5. TMS_Manufacture::build()
  6. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/forumasus/html/www/admin.php at line 13

TMS setup recreates the two columns and displays the same message...

Don't know what to do.

Code:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS tms_modification;
Did that but same error.
Check my last updated message, TMS setup recreate the two columns and display the same error.
Don't know why
Do i have to flush or something ?

To completely remove tms-related tables execute:
Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_template_map
DROP template_final,
DROP template_modifications;
DROP TABLE tms_modification;

Thank you guiltar :

I have done this but still have this message :

Can you help ?

Thank you

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate column name 'template_modified'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in TMS/Manufacture.php at line 72
  4. TMS_Manufacture->_installVersion1() in TMS/Manufacture.php at line 59
  5. TMS_Manufacture::build()
  6. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/forumasus/html/www/admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom