No permission to download
I'm attempting to replace the following code:

Code:
<dt><a href="{xen:link help/about-us}">{xen:phrase help_about_us}</a></dt>
<dd>Insert your description here...</dd>

with this code:

Code:
<dt><a href="{xen:link help/about-us}">{xen:phrase help_about_us}</a></dt>
<dd>Squat the Planet is an online community of anarchists, activists, hobos, migrant punks, intentional communities, and other unconventional adventurers.</dd>

this is from the help_index template. upon clicking "save and check", it gives me the following error:

The following error occurred

The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.
...although the edit was successful. but after this happens the "save and check" button no longer does anything. I'm using the latest version of firefox on a mac (10.7). any suggestions? im using version 1.2 of this plugin and xf 1.1.2. thanks!

....oh yeah, and im using the "string replace" option. dunno if that is correct, or matters.

Hi, guys!

Don't forget to rebuild templates after upgrade to 1.1.3 and please report how it works with new version.

can I edit admin templates with this?

if not, can I make it so I can? or are there plans to add that?

No it doesn't work for admin template.
You can modify admin templates' html in template_post_render event.
It is not so easy and not so fast. But it's more safe.

@guiltar I keep getting this error:
xenforo_tms_error.webp

What am I doing wrong? Code here:
Code:
  <template_modifications>
    <modification title="UserRankRibbons Template Edit" template_title="message_user_info" execute_order="10" modification_type="str_replace" callback_class="" callback_method="" description="" version_id="1" version_string="2.1" active="1">
      <search_value><![CDATA[<xen:if is="!{$isQuickReply}">]]></search_value>
      <replace_value><![CDATA[<xen:if is="@UserRankRibbonsActive"><xen:include template="UserRankRibbons" /></xen:if><xen:if is="!{$isQuickReply}">]]></replace_value>
    </modification>
  </template_modifications>

Shouldn't
<xen:if is="@UserRankRibbonsActive">
be
<xen:if is="{$UserRankRibbonsActive}">

Oh I see it is not an actual variable you are checking for but a style property.
To get it to compile/save I think you will have to write:
<xen:if is="{xen:property UserRankRibbonsActive}">

Hi,

I'm trying to use this, however any and all modifications I make to any files just don't appear in the final site?
I'm editing the right style, there are no logged errors anywhere and everything says it saves fine.

Any ideas? What info can I give you to help diagnose it?

Any ideas? What info can I give you to help diagnose it?
Are you viewing your forum in the same style?
If all your modifications show up 'Green' then there is no reason why it should not take effect.
Perhaps try re-uploading all the files to your server.

I just uninstalled the Add-On, deleted all the files - re-uploaded and installed and it *appears* to be working now ^^;

But yeah, everything was green before..

Top Bottom