Tag Essentials [Deleted]

Ok, I'll try again, sorry for my bad language @Stuart Wright and @Freelancer

If you set default tags for nodes, when you create a new thread, these default tags are added to thread tags.
My question is: How can I batch update/add the nodes default tags to the existing/old threads?

I hope I'm making myself clear, thank you for your patience :)

Ok, I'll try again, sorry for my bad language @Stuart Wright and @Freelancer

If you set default tags for nodes, when you create a new thread, these default tags are added to thread tags.
My question is: How can I batch update/add the nodes default tags to the existing/old threads?

I hope I'm making myself clear, thank you for your patience :)
The Batch Update Threads allows you to search for threads you want and then you can add your tag(s) to them.
So select all the threads in one particular node and then add your tag.
Repeat that for each node.

Tag use count bug: I use the "change thread starter" add-on from @Chris D and it seems when you change a thread starter (that used a specific tag) to another user, the tag use counts are not transferred to the new user. So if you look for a specific tag and check out the tag "top users", it does not show the real tag counts if the start starter has changed.

Tag use count bug: I use the "change thread starter" add-on from @Chris D and it seems when you change a thread starter (that used a specific tag) to another user, the tag use counts are not transferred to the new user. So if you look for a specific tag and check out the tag "top users", it does not show the real tag counts if the start starter has changed.
Almost certain this is a bug with Chris' change thread starter addon rather than tag essentials.

Almost certain this is a bug with Chris' change thread starter addon rather than tag essentials.
It can not be a bug of his add-on because the "top user" table is not there in XF default. It comes with Tag Essentials add-on. Logically, Tag Essentials must take into account that top tag usage is bound to the thread starter, therefore if the thread starter changes, the top tag usage must change too.

EDIT: But I see it's easier if @Chris D would add a feature to his add-on to take into account if someone has Tag Essentials installed...

Last edited:
It can not be a bug of his add-on because the "top user" table is not there in XF default. It comes with Tag Essentials add-on. Logically, Tag Essentials must take into account that top tag usage is bound to the thread starter, therefore if the thread starter changes, the top tag usage must change too.

EDIT: But I see it's easier if @Chris D would add a feature to his add-on to take into account if someone has Tag Essentials installed...
Unfortunately this is likely something that the Tag Essentials add-on needs to implement.

All of the changes in my add-on are made with the DataWriter system so the ideal solution is for the Tag Essentials add-on to detect changes made to the thread record (such as the user ID) and use that to update the top user table. It's impossible for my little add-on to know all of the possible tables out there that may contain thread data. I would assume there's potentially bugs in the Tag Essentials system related to merging threads, too. If you merge a newer thread into an older one by two different authors, then essentially you've changed the author of that thread, so it may be something you need to handle anyway for that.

It's impossible for my little add-on to know all of the possible tables
Poor little add-on... :D But I totally agree, because...
If you merge a newer thread into an older one by two different authors, then essentially you've changed the author of that thread
...so that there needs to be a (better) general solution for "merging tags (threads)" and their count association to a user.

I mean, that might be handled already in a specific way, I'm not sure, but the fact that it doesn't pick up a change in the user ID of the thread record makes me wonder.

Which functionality would you want for the media gallery?

It might be better suited for the Moderator Essentials addon. I forgot the inline tag addition came from that addon, which adds this ability.

• Manage Tags via Inline Moderation Tools. You can select multiple threads from the forum list and click to "Add Tags". Requires the permission "ModEss - Manage Tags".

I'd like to have that option when viewing any of the gallery pages to add tags to multiple media selections. @Xon i believe you're coding both these addons, any thoughts on which addon this function should reside in?

When I click on a tag in the cloud tag, it shows only results from this forum, resources or other threads in other forums are excluded, is this a normal behaviour?
If this is " as designed" can you please change the phrase used in Tag cloud, to indicate that other threads or resources are excluded from the result ( or add a link the tag page)?

Last edited:
Top Bottom