[TAC] Stop Human Spam

[TAC] Stop Human Spam [Paid] 1.4.8

No permission to buy ($19.00)
I've been seeing an odd bug, assuming related to this addon. In three separate cases now, when a new member is put into the mod queue (because he meets the criteria and posts pics/links etc), an adjacent post (immediately preceding) is also placed into the mod queue. The adjacent post in all three cases was an established member (1000's of posts), containing no links/pics etc. No reason it should end up being moderated. Hmm.

I'll have a look into it.

The moderation option isn't one I use myself on any forums (and was added quite recently as an option), I'll test around the area and look for a fix

I'll have a look into it.

The moderation option isn't one I use myself on any forums (and was added quite recently as an option), I'll test around the area and look for a fix

I've removed the moderation option, as we've had too many veteran user's posts end up in the queue. It's always in the same thread as a newbie's posts (rightly put into the queue).

Interestingly, in a case today, a veteran member's post was sitting in the mod queue. While he was filling out a support ticket (wondering why his post was in the queue), a the newbie OP quoted his post. So apparently the newbie was able to see his (moderated) post....

Just had a new spammer get through the system... including posting their email below using a comma...

Code:
contact- carolyneburkes@gmail,com

I got this on 1.4.0 Beta 1

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Cannot insert a message in the middle of a discussion. - library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php:449
Generated By: Sportster, Yesterday at 9:05 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/aspiescentral.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(354): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_setPosition()
#1 /home/nginx/domains/aspiescentral.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1446): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_preSave()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/aspiescentral.com/public/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(548): XenForo_DataWriter->preSave()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/aspiescentral.com/public/library/Tac/StopHumanSpam/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(169): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/aspiescentral.com/public/library/Tac/StopHumanSpam/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(87): Tac_StopHumanSpam_ControllerPublic_Thread->addReplyResponse(false)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/aspiescentral.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Tac_StopHumanSpam_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/aspiescentral.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/nginx/domains/aspiescentral.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(82) "https://www.aspiescentral.com/threads/anyone-interested-in-survival.8315/add-reply"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/anyone-interested-in-survival_8315/add-reply"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["message_html"] => string(758) "<p>[QUOTE="Harrison54, post: 140344, member: 11377"]This book is my 'companion', still have my dog-eared original in my pack.</p><p><br></p><p><a href="http://gonzoj.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sas-survival-handbook-revised-edition.pdf" target="_blank" class="externalLink ProxyLink" data-proxy-href="http://gonzoj.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sas-survival-handbook-revised-edition.pdf" rel="nofollow">http://gonzoj.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sas-survival-handbook-revised-edition.pdf</a>[/QUOTE]</p><p><br></p><p>I've heard it's one of the best survival manuals available, but then the SAS know how to do it.&nbsp; Thanks for the link!!!&nbsp; My machine just finished downloading it.&nbsp; I'll get a ream of paper and will see about printing it out.</p>
"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(79) "https://www.aspiescentral.com/threads/anyone-interested-in-survival.8315/page-3"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "f4cf405bb97a75f382080237896bdd3b"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1407678594"
    ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1407678594"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(50) "/threads/anyone-interested-in-survival.8315/page-3"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I'm using StopHumanSpam 1.3.3 with XenForo 1.3.3 and it doesn't work. It incorrectly blocks everyone, even those who have passed the necessary requirements.

stophumanspam_error.jpg

I have disabled the plugin for the time being but would love to see a fix for this.

I have disabled the plugin for the time being but would love to see a fix for this.
I am using 1.3.3 of this add-on, with XF1.3.5, and the XF version between those have nothing to do with anything, as I've used this for a long time with all these XF versions. This version was out before XF1.3.3 was, thus everyone using it has used it if they upgraded to that version of XF.

This is something local for you. Have you disabled all other add ons and let this one run by itself to see if something else is causing this to fail?

I'm using StopHumanSpam 1.3.3 with XenForo 1.3.3 and it doesn't work. It incorrectly blocks everyone, even those who have passed the necessary requirements.

stophumanspam_error.jpg

At least 3 likes, get a 4th, and it will work.

At least 3 likes, get a 4th, and it will work.

Are you confident of this? Should that really say more than 3 likes because at least 3 means that if you reach 3 likes it should work.

Edit: i.e. is this just a mix up with the terminology?

Are you confident of this? Should that really say more than 3 likes because at least 3 means that if you reach 3 likes it should work.

Edit: i.e. is this just a mix up with the terminology?
This is what I've seen on multiple forums. I do think the terminology could be cleared up, and should be greater than rather than at least.

Thanks for the clarification guys. Appreciate it.

I have re-enabled the add on and changed the text to:

Code:
Sorry, you were not able to save since the content contained a link<br/>
<br/>
For this {nodeType}, before you can create content with links, you must first meet the minimum requirements<br/>
<br/>
Minimum Requirements<br/>
You must have created more than {min_posts} Posts (Yours: {message_count})<br/>
You must have received more than {min_likes} Likes (Yours: {min_likes})<br/>
Your Like:Post Ratio must be more than:  {min_like_post_ratio}% (Yours: {like_post_ratio}%)<br/>
You must be registered for more than {min_regdays} days (Yours {days_registered})<br/>

Hopefully that will resolve the issue :)

I have mine set to simply: Anti-Spam prevention. Sorry, but your post count does not meet our minimum requirements. Email addresses are never allowed.

I don't tell them about the ratio.... it keeps them guessing for spammers.

Very good point Anthony. I think explaining the minimum requirements will encourage spammers to just keep posting until they meet them. However, I still want to give some sort of explanation to genuine members.

Perhaps I could be more vague, such as "You need to be registered for more than a week and meet certain post requirements to be able to share links".

Can you create a criteria that limits a users ability to upload an avatar with this add-on as well?
You can do that yourself with XF permissions and additional user groups. Has permission after doing x, or doesn't. Example... new member may not be able to upload an avatar until they have 10 posts, at which time their account gets the add avatar user group added to it automatically.

You can do that yourself with XF permissions and additional user groups. Has permission after doing x, or doesn't. Example... new member may not be able to upload an avatar until they have 10 posts, at which time their account gets the add avatar user group added to it automatically.

I didn't want to create a new usergroup and promoitions just for avatars if possible.

Does this work with 1.4.1?
Anyone have this installed for that?
I just installed the free version of this, and with a post count set to 5 for URLs a testing member with 1 post was still able to post link urls.
Looks like this doesn't work.
Anyone know of an add on which stops urls/links for a certain amount of posts

Top Bottom