[TAC] Stop Human Spam

[TAC] Stop Human Spam [Paid] 1.4.8

No permission to buy ($19.00)
I tried to purchase this but it won't let me log into your site... says I'm a spammer. Oh the irony.

What is the exact phrase that is used (I can then tell if it's the core stopforumspam api doing this)

That's a core xenforo phrase (I thought it was unlikely any of the TAC would detect you incorrectly, since I avoid most API pitfalls by default.. but APIs are never great)

This implies StopForumSpam has logged your IP \ email \ username

I have just looked at the logs and the core checks against username (I wouldn't recommend this), I've turned off the core SFS detection and changed back to AnyAPI SFS (lot's more flexibility in the detection logic) I never check against username:

SFS API Rules
Rule1: {$response['email']['lastseen']} > 0 // bot emails banned forever, you dont need this line
Rule2: {$response['email']['confidence']} > 90.01 // more than 90.01 % confidence
Rule3: {$response['email']['appears']} > 0 // appears once or more, you dont need this line
Rule4: {$response['ip']['lastseen']} > $timenow - 1814400 // 3 weeks
Rule5: {$response['ip']['confidence']} > 90.01 // more than 90.01 % confidence
Rule6: {$response['ip']['appears']} > 0 // appears once or more, you dont need this line

... give that a go

AnyAPI logs are full detail, so if there is an issue, it will tell me the exact response from the api

Last edited:
Ok so it let me register with your site. Does that mean my IP got logged with StopForumSpam? That may be possible actually as I think for some reason some spammers were using my IP address according to the logs because of that weird glitch when you have an automated welcome e-mail going out. Or something like that.

How do I get my IP removed from StopForumSpam?

It looks like it was you username. It is my opinion that username should never be used as an API spam detection mechanism, it is also my opinion that an IP address is not a very accurate (avoiding false positives) / powerful (always catch new spammers) mechanism for detecting spam, since they get re-added back to the pool, and with the availability of IPv6, they will be bought and disposed of in larger quantities and very quickly than ever before. But, how else can API's define a user (email addresses can very quickly be disposed of and automated)

This is why I'm not that much of a fan of API's, particularly multiple APIs layered on top of each other, the more APIs you use, the more likely you are to get false positives.

Last edited:
I selected "Can Bypass Link-Post-Rules" for a member, however, the post restrictions are still being applied to their account.

What is causing this?

Ideally, I want to manually override anti-spam settings for good members who are clearly not spammers.

What happens if you set all the permissions for those users

Can Bypass Link-Post-Rules:
Can Bypass Signature-Modify-Rules:
Can Bypass Stop-Banned-Words:
Can Bypass Stop-Sneaky-Urls:

My guess is, that they are getting caught by one of the others

What does it say in the logs for those users that can now bypass?

It looks like it could be a sneaky url. The log states:

A sneaky URL has been detected in your content. Please check your content and remove anything that might look like a URL
Why would it state this?

I looked at what he did and all he did was recommend a link to a useful tutorial he found online. Why would it be classed as sneaky when the full url was published.

A real link contains many things that a sneaky fake link contains, if you want them to be able to add a real link www.mysite.com , then catching www and .com or even w w w my site dot com is not desirable (this is some of what the sneaky link detection does). If you want to allow users to bypass link post rules, you should also allow them to bypass sneaky urls

Top Bottom