Lack of interest Support Ticket System - Handling emails to support@

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

MGSteve

Hi, Something I've been pondering over for a while... We have a big board and get a lot of emails from the contact us form. Until recently these were being missed on a fairly regular occurance due to the sheer amount of spam. (Board's been around since 2002, so you can imagine how many spam lists the contact email address is on!)

What I thought could be a good solution was a built-in ticketing system, so it either picks up the requests sent through the contact us form, or monitors an email address and any emails it gets it puts into the ticket queue. Obviously some spam will get detected, so there needs to be a quick way to handle that.

But if members of the mod team could then take ownership of the tickets and then action them, it would save me as the admin quite a bit of time in doing them myself.

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Edit - D'oh, can a mod move this into requests please, just noticed I posted it in the wrong form.

You'd have thought after 8 years of running a forum, I'd check first wouldn't you! :oops:

Do you still search for this?
Our ticked system will probably be able to handle "emails".
Maybe you could describe me per conversation, what exactly you need:)

I find out an way for we do suport in the forum itself.
EMAILS are madness, some of them doens't even end at spam on hotmail anymore, I hate that spam conspiracy or something like that...

What I've done is point contact-us to new thread, which is in a not-in-node-list forum with permissions of the team seeing everything, but thread starters only see their own thread.

What I've done is point contact-us to new thread, which is in a not-in-node-list forum with permissions of the team seeing everything, but thread starters only see their own thread.

I can see this being a problem if someone has an issue with logging in. This is the most frequent use I have made of the Contact form on a forum.

Top Bottom