Lack of interest [Suggestion] Limit the number of sticky threads

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Ahmed

From time to time some of my moderators make a lot of threads stickies, one of them made 32 thread sticky. That was horrible by all meaning. I had to tell him to fix that and then he made it to 20.
When I visit some forums I also notice such thins. I just think sticky threads should not be more than 10 as a maximum.

I think it will be very useful to have some setting to limit sticky threads by forum. So no moderator can make more than the specified number by Admin.

I'd like to see such feature within XF.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Isn't that a moderator education issue?

Yep, I agree. But not all moderators are that smart to follow rules and guidelines.
I'm in a situation to make an older teacher a moderator, I'd like to get rid of him as a moderator but that is too difficult. And he is the one making all troubles with sticky threads. I've tried many time to point him to follow rules, I even unsticked some threads but he came back and made them stickies. :confused:

if your moderators can't follow rules and guidelines. How do you expect them to be able to enforce rules and guidelines?

Lol... too true... Seriously if your moderators can't handle the basic rule of (do not create too many stickies) then you have the wrong moderators...

Lol... too true... Seriously if your moderators can't handle the basic rule of (do not create too many stickies) then you have the wrong moderators...

Tell me about it :(. As I said, I'm really having a hard time with this specific moderator specially with sticky threads, and I can't just get rid of him for some reason. And he is very helpful too.

Anyway, does this mean such options won't be implemented? :(:(:(

I wouldn't think it would be implemented simply because it's a very uncommon scenario. Perhaps a mod for you can be made in the future but personally I don't see why this would be a default feature as it would be used very little.

Top Bottom