1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Limit the number of sticky threads

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Ahmed, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

From time to time some of my moderators make a lot of threads stickies, one of them made 32 thread sticky. That was horrible by all meaning. I had to tell him to fix that and then he made it to 20.
    When I visit some forums I also notice such thins. I just think sticky threads should not be more than 10 as a maximum.

I think it will be very useful to have some setting to limit sticky threads by forum. So no moderator can make more than the specified number by Admin.

I'd like to see such feature within XF.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Isn't that a moderator education issue?

xf_phantom, Nick and Dean like this.
  3. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

Yepp I think moderation guidelines would be more helpful.

4. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

I think so too - Limitations are the wrong way for everything ...

5. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Yep, I agree. But not all moderators are that smart to follow rules and guidelines.
    I'm in a situation to make an older teacher a moderator, I'd like to get rid of him as a moderator but that is too difficult. And he is the one making all troubles with sticky threads. I've tried many time to point him to follow rules, I even unsticked some threads but he came back and made them stickies. :confused:

6. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Guidelines are helpful, but sometimes are not enough. ;)

7. Disjunto

Disjunto Well-Known Member

if your moderators can't follow rules and guidelines. How do you expect them to be able to enforce rules and guidelines?

xf_phantom likes this.
  8. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Not for everything, sometimes limitations are the only to set-up things as they should be. :D <- <- <- <- <---- Dictatorial.

9. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Lol... too true... Seriously if your moderators can't handle the basic rule of (do not create too many stickies) then you have the wrong moderators...

10. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

I'm only having trouble with sticky threads. other rules are well followed. That's the odd, huh? :confused:

11. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Tell me about it :(. As I said, I'm really having a hard time with this specific moderator specially with sticky threads, and I can't just get rid of him for some reason. And he is very helpful too.

12. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

definitively! :)

13. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Anyway, does this mean such options won't be implemented? :(:(:(

14. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think it would be implemented simply because it's a very uncommon scenario. Perhaps a mod for you can be made in the future but personally I don't see why this would be a default feature as it would be used very little.