XF 1.0 Style Properties - Controlling Style Options

When it comes to quickly and easily toggling the display or behaviour of user interface elements, it often makes sense to be able to pass simple parameters to the templates.

XenForo provides a powerful and extensible system to allow variables to be defined and modified on a per-style basis, making this a breeze and opening the door for style customization by third-party add-ons.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

I think it would reduce clutter.
It would reduce clutter in the front-end, but increase clutter in the Admin CP. ;)

I think considering this can be changed with a fairly simple template edit there is no need for an option... will also then allow you greater control over what you change it to instead of a simple 2 step option mini-me/icon... you can edit the template to be mini-me/icon/text/custom div/flash whatever you want basically...

I could never imagine we could get this many options for style customizations. It looks great and opens a way new dimension to forum styles imo. Now styles can easily offer their own options

It wouldn't have to be an icon. 

BTW, I think the mini-me is a clever idea. By putting your avatar there, it is saying that you are there (in the thread). It's just that it seems like clutter to partially cover someone else's avatar

Actually, that particular problem (the upload file button with overlays disabled) has been resolved. :)

Fixed it by still having an overlay for that particular feature? hmmm not sure I like this I would prefer it opened the upload form bellow the textbox or something seems strange to disable overlays but then this one feature still uses them.

Just my 2c

No, the enhancement disabled style had overlays for everything enabled. I re-disabled it and you can see how it works now.

No, the enhancement disabled style had overlays for everything enabled. I re-disabled it and you can see how it works now.

Ahhh cool I was too quick... that is really nice, I like that you can do 3 files at once also very very nice :D... may actually be easier for me than the normal overlay is ATM because I can do multiple uploads.

Thanks Mike :D

Works great
I like that you can do 3 files at once also very very nice :D... may actually be easier for me than the normal overlay is ATM because I can do multiple uploads.
Thanks Mike :D
Agree with yah here about ease of multiple ups though I hardly ever upload attachments.
Thanks as well

I love seeing progress...something comforting about instant gratification I suppose

I play around in Style Properties alot and I'm always discovering something new. Thanks so much for the hard work that's put into this.

Top Bottom