XF 1.0 Style Properties - Controlling Style Options

When it comes to quickly and easily toggling the display or behaviour of user interface elements, it often makes sense to be able to pass simple parameters to the templates.

XenForo provides a powerful and extensible system to allow variables to be defined and modified on a per-style basis, making this a breeze and opening the door for style customization by third-party add-ons.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

Video says page cannot be displayed..

Edit: Nvm I got it to load in a new tab.

Very nice. Loving the speed of the admincp :).

That looks superb!

Presumably any changes made to the master styles or any new styles created won't be affected by upgrades?

Now if only we could edit the colours via the ACP then my life would be complete :D

That looks superb!

Presumably any changes made to the master styles or any new styles created won't be affected by upgrades?

Now if only we could edit the colours via the ACP then my life would be complete :D
I think thats what Color Palette is for ;).

That looks superb!

You presume correctly.

And as far as colours are concerned, look closely at the video right before I click into the Options group :)

Great stuff!

I don't suppose you could see your way to adding font family and font size too could you? :D

Pretty please? :D

Great stuff!

I don't suppose you could see your way to adding font family and font size too could you? :D

Pretty please? :D
I think thats controlled in general or one of the other areas.

Options I think relates only to turn things on and off? 

There's a huge subject here relating to style properties, and I don't think anyone is going to be left wanting more when we reveal the whole system, but for now let's try to keep the comments centered around what you have seen, rather than what else might be there, we have so much to show you but it will be in a separate HYS entry.

definitely a lot of potential in this system. Seems to make it very easy to modify a style in the way that 90% of users probably would. Can't wait to play about with custom property groups and stuff for addons :D

Options is a stop-gap group for things that don't fit anywhere else for the time being.
From what we saw, is it going to be possible for developers to add things to style properties (Don't have to answer if its going to be commented on later)?

From what I've seen, this will make developing what I'll need for my site much easier then it would have been with vB3, and especially vB4 :D.

One of the graphic artists I recruited isn't really a fan of some of the features of XenForo, but with the properties we should be able to create a backup style she can use so she'll actually be fine with using the forums ;)

Thanks Kier, I'll refrain from asking any more questions for now :)

From what I've seen so far, this will negate the need to do almost all style edits which is going to make life a whole lot easier for most admins.

Upgrade time is no longer going to be fraught with stress and cussing as you have to manually manage all of the edits you've made.

Top Bottom