Strange things at VB.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its no bad thing for IPB it will probably have boosted their sales again just like every version of 4.0.x did.

I think you will find that was a humourous satirical "poor IPB" as in...

They launch a preview of stunning new software, to great applause ...

At the same time a competitor launches a version of ... well less than stunning software that has to be wound back a few hours later LOL

Blind Freddy can see that IPB won the Forum world Buzz for today ;)

IPB are way ahead in a poll running at vB.com :D

There is a problem on the vB.com forum where new threads/posts/PM's and visitor messages simply vanish. This has happened already a good few times today , is it any wonder then that a new "beta" had issues if the system it has been uploaded to is failing ?

The same thing happens at vB.org, replies made disappear, I know 2 people that think staff have removed their posts but it is simply a server/database issue ........ wouldn't you think though there would be someone there that can sort the problem out, complaints about access and server lag have been going on for a long time now.

IPB are way ahead in a poll running at vB.com :D

There is a problem on the vB.com forum where new threads/posts/PM's and visitor messages simply vanish. This has happened already a good few times today , is it any wonder then that a new "beta" had issues if the system it has been uploaded to is failing ?

The same thing happens at vB.org, replies made disappear, I know 2 people that think staff have removed their posts but it is simply a server/database issue ........ wouldn't you think though there would be someone there that can sort the problem out, complaints about access and server lag have been going on for a long time now.

I had chronic problems with mystery post disappearances on my vB3 forum a number of years back and it turned out to be an issue with a particular combination of PHP and mySQL. From memory, my host (1&1) was running a version of mySQL called "max log" and until they updated it, every now and again posts would simply vanish with no trace!

I am glad i changed to Xenforo and never upgraded to vb4 from vb3. Every release of vb4 seems to have some sort of major problem.

Anyone want to buy a cheap vb4 suite? :cautious: Wasted money in that pre-order scheme. :cry:

Yes, but they both support YouTube. So I find it odd if that was a YouTube and not there. I get YouTube on both my iPhone and iPad.

Liz

I can go to youtube and they work. But I can't view a video on another website, such as here, or my own.

I can go to youtube and they work. But I can't view a video on another website, such as here, or my own.

Is it saying Error playing video or something ? I had such problem few weeks back and it was my browsers problem.

Nope no error. The play icon on the video is faded out, as is the YouTube icon that links to the site.

Been away awhile so need a refresher, when people talk about IB they are talking about Incompetent Buffoons? ;)

I just lmao through this whole thread....too funny....I love you people.

When the video from youtube gets embedded somewhere , I would have to assume it just uses some swf object to play and contain the video. Youtube simply has not been coded to support the idevices properly so when embedded it opens in the media player and closing it brings you back to the page when you click done.

This brings up a question... Peggy could you check something out at my site for me and see if it works on your ipad?

Yes, but they both support YouTube. So I find it odd if that was a YouTube and not there. I get YouTube on both my iPhone and iPad.

Liz
You can play both of the youtube vids in this thread on your iPad?? I can't.

This brings up a question... Peggy could you check something out at my site for me and see if it works on your ipad?

Sure thing, what is it?

You can play both of the youtube vids in this thread on your iPad?? I can't.

So I find it odd if that was a YouTube and not there. I get YouTube on both my iPhone and iPad.

No, I checked and it is greyed out like you said. What I meant is that YouTube plays on both, so I find it odd that embedding them in a post would make them go away.

Makes me realize I need to provide a link for iPhone/iPad users if I embed one.

Liz

what has VB to do with the iPhone not working? ;)

Don't you know they had something to do with videos not working on iPad???
Where have you been that you missed that juicy little tidbit?
frog.gif

IB develops for Apple? Good buy my dreams for amazing Macs, Good bye iPhone, I will miss you all but I just can't afford crappy equipment lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom