Strange things at VB.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
vBulletin obviously has different release standards than other companies.

other companies? Try no other company. In my humble opinion, their quality of releases are far worse than the buggiest alpha build of any Microsoft Windows version.

Only reason ME failed was because end-users didn't understand how install NT4 drivers properly.

IB should stick to 3.x and trash 4 completely.
Nah. They should realize the error in their ways, ditch vB4 completely, and build vB 5.0 from the ground with a complete rewrite. And then give vBulletin 5 for free to everyone who has an active vB4 license, as a sign of goodwill.

IB should stick to 3.x and trash 4 completely.
I tested 4.x and none of my members liked it. So, kept a members only test. 4.1.3 people started to like it, but still liked the 3.8 series better.
Nah. They should realize the error in their ways, ditch vB4 completely, and build vB 5.0 from the ground with a complete rewrite. And then give vBulletin 5 for free to everyone who has an active vB4 license, as a sign of goodwill.
HAHAHAA! ... good idea, but investors would not like this.

I tested 4.x and none of my members liked it. So, kept a members only test. 4.1.3 people started to like it, but still liked the 3.8 series better.
HAHAHAA! ... good idea, but investors would not like this.
To be honest, it's the best of their options. They really need the trust of the customers. They've been destroying that ever since the release of vB 4.0 beta, and despite their.. efforts they're not regaining much. The options are very limited:

- Go on with vB4 till it's a stable product. This might take years, they're not getting any income (except for awful extra products which turn out to be not too much of a success) and ultimately they can't keep that up.
- Go work on vB5. Most people won't be stupid enough to go on another pre-sale, so they'll actually have to deliver something. And even then, after 4.0, I think they won't get much sales going.
- Work like crazy to make vB 5.0 the product it should have been in 4.0, give it freely to everyone with a license to make up for everything, and prey that people will start trusting them again.

Obviously I'm leaving out the really bad options like leaving vB4 to rot and move on to vB5 in the hope that we'll fall for it again. Honestly, I think they might actually go for that option regardless. Oh well.

Wanna know what's worse? Everyone there is so blind with regards to the editor. Some users are defending it as if it's in working order, as if they don't recognize that there are a lot of bugs in it.

I think it's more that people are defending the decision to deploy a bug-ridden build and to me that it what is indefensible. It simply doesn't make sense to display garbage in your showroom window.

Who cares what vB do?
I'm trying to understand why some vB threads make it this far and others are closed right away.
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom