Strange things at VB.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I asked that they ban my account from vBulletin before after I left the site, which Steve did himself. I'm not really sure how they do things when banning people, but they removed my signature links (which is fair enough). But they also removed my avatar of Merlin I used there that I took as a very young kitten of 2 weeks old (now used here).

And I only managed to get the image back through Google cached images. Otherwise I would have lost it for good and didn't have the digital picture anymore on my PC.

I though that was very childish of them. Why remove your avatar?

When I asked that they ban my account from vBulletin before after I left the site, which Steve did himself. I'm not really sure how they do things when banning people, but they removed my signature links (which is fair enough). But they also removed my avatar of Merlin I used there that I took as a very young kitten of 2 weeks old (now used here).

I though that was very childish of them. Why remove your avatar?

When you ban people in Vbulletin you will loose Avatar Don't you ?

When you ban people in Vbulletin you will loose Avatar Don't you ?

Not sure, that's why I said I'm not sure what they do when banning. As I did consider that might be the case with all banning, avatar and signature removed. If that's the case fair enough, at the time I wasn't aware that might be the case and though it just looked as though somebody was being petty remove the image.

Not sure, that's why I said I'm not sure what they do when banning. As I did consider that might be the case with all banning, avatar and signature removed. If that's the case fair enough, at the time I wasn't aware that might be the case and though it just looked as though somebody was being petty remove the image.

Avatar is deleted as member is banned on vbulletin :p

one thing i really miss about vb is the banned being an actual usergroup that i have control over.
i dont like this one-size-fits-all system xf uses.

Could you not just create a new user-group called "Pre-Banned" as an example, then just limit what they can do on the forums if moved into it as an extra user-group added. Such as setting it up to moderate all post for people in it and limit other things they can do.

Could you not just create a new user-group called "Pre-Banned" as an example, then just limit what they can do on the forums if moved into it as an extra user-group added.
yes, but the spam cleaner would still use 'banned' and there is no provision for allowing moderators to move members into a usergroup.

no provision for allowing moderators to move members into a usergroup

Hmm, I don't really see that as a bad thing myself. Only Admin alone, or maybe "Admin and Super Mods" should be allowed permission to do something like that. Most certainly not bog standard Mods.

The last thing you want is an unhappy Mod having power to move all members into a Pre-Banned user-group, total chaos! :LOL:

Hmm, I don't really see that as a bad thing myself. Only Admin alone, or maybe "Admin and Super Mods" should be allowed permission to do something like that. Most certainly not bog standard Mods.

The last thing you want is an unhappy Mod having power to move all members into a Pre-Banned user-group, total chaos! :LOL:
well it depends upon how you run your board. ideally i would be able to define usergroup permissions for the banned usergroup. not quite as perfect would be the ability to allow mods to move people into a predefined group. i think one of xfs biggest failings is how it doesnt account for more than one style of administration. on vb i have a lot of flexibility. on xf its kiers way or nothing.

on xf its kiers way or nothing.

I'm afraid that's an assumption on your part. There's plenty of suggestions I've made that are now implemented on this product and I know there's suggestions made by others that have made implementation after the devs made the product public.

I'm afraid that's an assumption on your part. There's plenty of suggestions I've made that are now implemented on this product and I know there's suggestions made by others that have made implementation after the devs made the product public.
12 votes decide the majority though, remember?

Different style of posting from you forsaken. I likey. I'll be keeping a close eye on you. Your officially flagged, and hopefully bagged at a later date.

Send Kier an IM right away Shelly and thanks for being the best stealth moderator on the forum circuit, people like you make Xenforo the best place to post on the net !!!

blah blah blah blah blah blah *background radiation* blah blah *More background radiation* blah blah blah blah *crackling*

rt.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom