• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Strange things are happening with my XenForo install

The first strange thing to happen was after trying to install an addon by uploading the xml file (after uploading the folders and files as with any addon install process), I get errors saying no such files exist. I thought at first it was the addon but tried other addons to test a theory. The result was that all addons will not show to exist after I try to install them.

Next, I'm trying to upgrade the forum to the latest version 1.5.8 and after uploading the download (chose the upgrade version), I go to the /install/ page and get the following:

You are already running the current version (1.5.4). To do a fresh install, click here. (Rebuild Master button)

I don't know what's going on here. Any ideas one what this could be caused from?

Okay I found the problem, no need to reply. The problem is my hosting service moved my dedicated server which created changes that I needed to make. I was informed through email supposedly but I cannot find that message. I'm sure that is the reason.