1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange things at VB.com

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by grant sarver, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grant sarver

grant sarver Well-Known Member

So they put 4.1.4 beta up today with the much vaunted CKEditor. It was not ready for prime time at all. Totally buggy to the point of almost not being usable. Took the site off-line within an hour. I realize it was beta, but still..........

Digital Doctor likes this.
  2. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

And the public preview of IPB 3.2 is now live - it's all happening today!!

3. grant sarver

VB just rolled back to 4.1.3?????????

Boy, they sure got problems over there.

Umit and bogus like this.
  4. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

lol...fail

FredC and tickedon like this.
  5. grant sarver

Wow, they deleted everything from the 20 minutes it was up by reverting to backup.

6. a legacy reborn

When a software manufacturer can not use their own software, then that is when you know it is time to jump ship.

sairanjank, Nick, Lucas and 11 others like this.
  7. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

Man, they really have bad luck. It happened many times now. :(

Quote from admin at forummonkeys.com from while back:
    "I apologize for the flux business is in right now, however with Internet Brand's acquisition of vBulletin, we have lost all confidence in the software. I believe it has been factually proven that Internet Brands and its developers are incompetent and so I cannot delay any longer in finding an alternative."

8. a legacy reborn

lol, XenForo all the way...

hellreturn and Peggy like this.
  9. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I think you lot should give the guys at vbulletin a break Every person/company is allowed atleast a gazillion mistakes and make consistently incompetent development, business failures every time they update. It wouldn't be exciting if we didn't have our hearts in our mouths, have sleepless nights, and constantly shown we are expendable. Just show a little respect please.

vb 4.1.4 beta 1 promo vid

10. a legacy reborn

lol...

let's wait until vB4 is what we all expected :coffee: I got the coffee.

11. glorify

glorify Well-Known Member

Yeah, I logged into the demo. Looks very IPB and has borrowed a couple of things from XF.

Kim and Shelley like this.
  12. a legacy reborn

who hasn't? the new vb upgrade system seems like something out of xf...

13. grant sarver

Well, now I don't know which is worse; that they knew it was that buggy and still thought they could implement it, or that they didn't know it was that buggy.

EQnoble, Walter, Peggy and 1 other person like this.
  14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Makes you wonder....

15. Shelley

I heard the latest beta came with a beard attached codenamed: betabeard, Now this is just rumor and should be taken with a pinch of salty seawater marinaded in extra helpings of salty seawater with added seawater to give it a salty textured feel and taste, I don't know if there's any truth here but I suspect the beard caused some tickling effects to the editor and it all fell apart pointing and laughing at the developers faces causing them to revert back to the previous stable version , okay partially stable version. I dunno, maybe a representative could clarify why they reverted back and verify and/or eliminate this.

16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

rofl lol. ^

17. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Have you been drinking again? :eek:

Been reading lots of stuff posted in Twitter about it, sound like the usual Internet Brands vBulletin fiasco going belly up. Funny also how "yet again" they choose to upgrade on the very same day another forum competitor does. Jeez, they do act like they're grasping at straws.

jmurrayhead, AzzidReign and kyrgyz like this.
  18. Shelley

Afraid not. You offering?

19. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

jonsidneyb and Kim like this.
  20. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

hahaha I love that song :D

Took me back! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.