Strange things at VB.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

grant sarver

So they put 4.1.4 beta up today with the much vaunted CKEditor. It was not ready for prime time at all. Totally buggy to the point of almost not being usable. Took the site off-line within an hour. I realize it was beta, but still..........

When a software manufacturer can not use their own software, then that is when you know it is time to jump ship.
Man, they really have bad luck. It happened many times now. :(

Quote from admin at forummonkeys.com from while back:
"I apologize for the flux business is in right now, however with Internet Brand's acquisition of vBulletin, we have lost all confidence in the software. I believe it has been factually proven that Internet Brands and its developers are incompetent and so I cannot delay any longer in finding an alternative."

Man, they really have bad luck. It happened many times now. :(

Quote from admin at forummonkeys.com from while back:
"I apologize for the flux business is in right now, however with Internet Brand's acquisition of vBulletin, we have lost all confidence in the software. I believe it has been factually proven that Internet Brands and its developers are incompetent and so I cannot delay any longer in finding an alternative."
lol, XenForo all the way...

I think you lot should give the guys at vbulletin a break Every person/company is allowed atleast a gazillion mistakes and make consistently incompetent development, business failures every time they update. It wouldn't be exciting if we didn't have our hearts in our mouths, have sleepless nights, and constantly shown we are expendable. Just show a little respect please.

vb 4.1.4 beta 1 promo vid
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think you lot should give the guys at vbulletin a break Every person/company is allowed atleast a gazillion mistakes and make consistently incompetent development, business failures every time they update. It wouldn't be exciting if we didn't have our hearts in our mouths, have sleepless nights, and constantly shown we are expendable. Just show a little respect please.
lol...

let's wait until vB4 is what we all expected :coffee: I got the coffee.

Well, now I don't know which is worse; that they knew it was that buggy and still thought they could implement it, or that they didn't know it was that buggy.

I heard the latest beta came with a beard attached codenamed: betabeard, Now this is just rumor and should be taken with a pinch of salty seawater marinaded in extra helpings of salty seawater with added seawater to give it a salty textured feel and taste, I don't know if there's any truth here but I suspect the beard caused some tickling effects to the editor and it all fell apart pointing and laughing at the developers faces causing them to revert back to the previous stable version , okay partially stable version. I dunno, maybe a representative could clarify why they reverted back and verify and/or eliminate this.

I heard the latest beta came with a beard attached codenamed: betabeard, Now this is just rumor and should be taken with a pinch of salty seawater marinaded in extra helpings of salty seawater with added seawater to give it a salty textured feel and taste, I don't know if there's any truth here but I suspect the beard caused some tickling effects to the editor and it all fell apart pointing and laughing at the developers faces causing them to revert back to the previous stable version , okay partially stable version. I dunno, maybe a representative could clarify why they reverted back and verify and/or eliminate this.

Have you been drinking again? :eek:

Been reading lots of stuff posted in Twitter about it, sound like the usual Internet Brands vBulletin fiasco going belly up. Funny also how "yet again" they choose to upgrade on the very same day another forum competitor does. Jeez, they do act like they're grasping at straws.

vb 4.1.4 beta 1 promo vid
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Dam thanks Shelley not laughed like that in some time :3

also there was 3 pages of problems on this page
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/379107-vBulletin-4.1.4-Beta-1-feedback
now its clean and nothing is there now lol
There was sooo many problems which people was reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom