Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
Banning is a last resort; I like to warn them, then ban them if they persist. :)

If they're truly sprouting out attacks on admins and Nazism, I feel like it's past the time for warnings. But either way, removing their association would only allow them to register again and cause more issues. Give them a temporary ban if you really want.

Your mister addon update broke it on my forum. It's active etc... The Steam tab disappeared, all the Steam info of the users gone away, the profile block, everything. I upgraded, run cron, disabled/enabled, nothing works.

What am i missing?

Your mister addon update broke it on my forum. It's active etc... The Steam tab disappeared, all the Steam info of the users gone away, the profile block, everything. I upgraded, run cron, disabled/enabled, nothing works.

What am i missing?
* Added permissions for viewing SteamProfile banner

The most recent update added permissions. Go to your usergroup permissions and make sure your users have permission to view it.

If they're truly sprouting out attacks on admins and Nazism, I feel like it's past the time for warnings. But either way, removing their association would only allow them to register again and cause more issues. Give them a temporary ban if you really want.
But honestly, that is not how I run my community. Every ban we issue is a failure on our part.

I don't agree, but either way, disassociation would just lead to more problems. They'd have more than one account and would cause more issues for you.
I'm not arguing here, but you don't have to agree, this is how I run MY community. The disassociation would just be an extra beneficial feature for people similar to me.

I'm not arguing here, but you don't have to agree, this is how I run MY community. The disassociation would just be an extra beneficial feature for people similar to me.
I understand but what I'm saying on a technical stand point, disassociating would only cause the member to register again, which creates two accounts on your forums. Since if they signed up via Steam, they don't have a password, so they wouldn't be able to log into their original account.

So disassociating would leave you with:

Original Account:
-Can't be logged into
-Does not have Steam
-Content that caused Disassociation

New Account:
-Can be logged into
-Has Steam
-Same User

If that is what you want, then I suppose you can request the feature, I'm just saying it leads to doubles/additional issues.

Okay, yeah I see your point. Then perhaps just having a toggle so people can/can't register through steam?

To update everyone on what I've been working on, it's a fix for that pesky Firefox bug. I've narrowed down the section of javascript it happens on, however, I am still trying to figure out what exactly triggers the second page call. I'm also looking for a workaround so it can work correctly in Firefox.

I have problem when add steamrep.com javascript link to your plugin on "steam_message_user_info" from my forum get result like screenshot below:
uuhM54N.jpg

How I can fix it so I can show SR info similar like this forum?

Pretty much @Eoj Nawoh said. I can't really help you out with that bug. The way it's displayed doesn't have anything to do with Steam Auth. I only assisted you before because Steam Auth could provide the steam 64id for you for that link.

I'd also recommend not adding that extra content in steam_message_user_info and maybe use the built in template modification to add it into XenForo instead. Because if I ever update that template with a new release of the Steam Auth addon, it will overwrite your changes.

Pretty much @Eoj Nawoh said. I can't really help you out with that bug. The way it's displayed doesn't have anything to do with Steam Auth. I only assisted you before because Steam Auth could provide the steam 64id for you for that link.

I'd also recommend not adding that extra content in steam_message_user_info and maybe use the built in template modification to add it into XenForo instead. Because if I ever update that template with a new release of the Steam Auth addon, it will overwrite your changes.

And I'm a Moderator at the forum he linked as an example, I'm almost positive it wasn't done with any of this addon's related templates.

I am using NFOServers.com for webhosting.
I am using Xenforo 1.2.3 (most updated)
I have php installed, i have BCmath, uCurl, OpenSSL, and my Steam API Key with domain (www.joinsng.com) set into the options.
I followed all of the instructions for installation, step by step.
I have set permissions so that everyone, every user group, can see both things for Steam Integration.
I have No errors in my errors log.
I can connect my account to my steam account (integrate/link it) but nothing will show on my profile, and nothing will show on my posts.

The steam page looks like this: http://gyazo.com/1b376697c06ed8956c4b4b5954e477b7

How do I fix?

I am using NFOServers.com for webhosting.
I am using Xenforo 1.2.3 (most updated)
I have php installed, i have BCmath, uCurl, OpenSSL, and my Steam API Key with domain (www.joinsng.com) set into the options.
I followed all of the instructions for installation, step by step.
I have set permissions so that everyone, every user group, can see both things for Steam Integration.
I have No errors in my errors log.
I can connect my account to my steam account (integrate/link it) but nothing will show on my profile, and nothing will show on my posts.

The steam page looks like this: http://gyazo.com/1b376697c06ed8956c4b4b5954e477b7

How do I fix?

I don't see any SteamProfile javascript or css in your headers. Could be something with your theme. Is it reproducible on the default theme?

How possible or practical would it be to put together a "Now playing" page that lists all logged in Steam users and what they're currently playing if in a game?

What are the API load implications of such a page? If you can give us some guidance on how this addon works on the backend and we can make it work we'd be glad to contribute our page code upstream to you.

Another server Error log while user trying to register via Steam:
Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: getimagesize(): Read error! - library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php:88
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 2:54 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'getimagesize():...', '/home/bacon/www...', 88, Array)
#1 /home/bacon/www/www/library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php(88): getimagesize('/home/bacon/www...')
#2 /home/bacon/www/www/library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php(599): XenForo_Model_Avatar->applyAvatar(472, '/home/bacon/www...')
#3 /home/bacon/www/www/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): Steam_ControllerPublic_Register->actionSteamRegister()
#4 /home/bacon/www/www/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/bacon/www/www/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(46) "http://ilovebacons.com/register/steam/register"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(13) {
    ["username"] => string(6) "Shares"
    ["email"] => string(21) "kjamesshare@gmail.com"
    ["timezone"] => string(16) "Pacific/Auckland"
    ["dob_month"] => string(1) "9"
    ["dob_day"] => string(2) "30"