Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
Do you have an API key in and have you tried running the cron?
Thanks, it had to do with the cron. Surprised it doesn't automatically update a users information when they connect their Steam account, as oppose to waiting for the daily default update.

Thanks, it had to do with the cron. Surprised it doesn't automatically update a users information when they connect their Steam account, as oppose to waiting for the daily default update.

I think it's to minimize the number of API calls to Steam, since I believe there's a limit somewhere. (Assuming you don't get some sort of permission from Valve)

Try disabling rocketscript on Cloudflare and clear your cache.

It should at least do an initial game sync at first when they register assuming the option is checked in the ACP. I'll look at the code to see. Did you have it enabled? Also do you have cURL enabled and setup on your webhost?

Try disabling rocketscript on Cloudflare and clear your cache.

It should at least do an initial game sync at first when they register assuming the option is checked in the ACP. I'll look at the code to see. Did you have it enabled? Also do you have cURL enabled and setup on your webhost?
As far as I'm aware, I had the option enabled from the start to collect game statistics on registration. The other two features worked fine and showed the correct statistics. Also, yes, I have cURL installed.

Can I elaborate on my earlier suggestion to specify a set of forums in which the Steam info is displayed instead of users' avatar?
Here is what my old xbox gamercard looked like on AVForums on vBulletin.
If we could do something like this for Steam in the specified forums, it would be awesome.

temp3.webp

Obviously the width of the user area in Xenforo is smaller, but I think there is still room enough to display the latest games?

As far as I'm aware, I had the option enabled from the start to collect game statistics on registration. The other two features worked fine and showed the correct statistics. Also, yes, I have cURL installed.

Hmmm, perhaps it only triggers on new registrations and not associations. Which is probably for the better in terms of API requests anyways. I'll double check this though. I haven't really touched the registration part in awhile, last change I made was to make it use JSON instead of XML (aside from the recent cURL thing, but seperate deal).

Can I elaborate on my earlier suggestion to specify a set of forums in which the Steam info is displayed instead of users' avatar?
Here is what my old xbox gamercard looked like on AVForums on vBulletin.
If we could do something like this for Steam in the specified forums, it would be awesome.

View attachment 61071

Obviously the width of the user area in Xenforo is smaller, but I think there is still room enough to display the latest games?

I don't see why that wouldn't be possible. But it would require an overhaul to the Javascript, theme XML, and API request. I didn't create the SteamProfile badge, it's a third party library that I give limited support for on here to make it function correctly in XenForo. Work that can be done, but I don't know if I have free time for.

--- Sorry, it seems to have fixed itself.

It would be helpful if you left your initial problem in your post, just in case other people run into a similar issue.

I don't see why that wouldn't be possible. But it would require an overhaul to the Javascript, theme XML, and API request. I didn't create the SteamProfile badge, it's a third party library that I give limited support for on here to make it function correctly in XenForo. Work that can be done, but I don't know if I have free time for.
Thanks. How about initially just displaying the badge in selected forums?

Which library do you utilize? I had thought you created that one.

Thanks. How about initially just displaying the badge in selected forums?

Have you tried this? http://xenforo.com/community/threads/steam-authentication-integration.42694/page-18#post-644711

That may work for ya. :)

Which library do you utilize? I had thought you created that one.

It's a mashup of what @Luke Foreman did and https://github.com/ata4/steamprofile. Luke really kicked it into gear by making it do a single JSON request, very cool stuff. I just tweaked it so it'd work with the addon and API key entered in (plus some extra tweaks to the profile and layout).

Done, still not working :p

I'll take a further look tonight when I get off work. I'll check firebug on your site to see if it's even loading jsonproxy.php

Done, still not working :p

I'm seeing HTTP Error 500 on jsonproxy.php in Firebug.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.4.6 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at neocentraldogma.com Port 80

That was the result back from the GET request to jsonproxy.php. Check your PHP error logs and web server settings out.

With regards to this: http://prntscr.com/23uyfo

I apologise, I didn't mean for it to come across as rude :) But when someone links their Steam to our forums to attack our admins and promote Nazism, having a feature like that is certainly a big bonus to have. So if possible, and if I posted this in the right place, there is a suggestion for you which would get you 5/5 from me! Because the plugin is great and works perfectly, there in MY eyes, is room for improvement with my suggestion :P //Tried not sounding big headed or know-it-all<3

I apologise, I didn't mean for it to come across as rude :) But when someone links their Steam to our forums to attack our admins and promote Nazism, having a feature like that is certainly a big bonus to have. So if possible, and if I posted this in the right place, there is a suggestion for you which would get you 5/5 from me! Because the plugin is great and works perfectly, there in MY eyes, is room for improvement with my suggestion :p //Tried not sounding big headed or know-it-all<3

Why would you remove their integration? Wouldn't you just ban them so they couldn't use it again? If you remove their Steam data from an account, they'd just re-register. Just ban them and move on?

I wanted to confirm, before downloading this addon.
Is there a way to use this addon without showing the option to users "login with Steam"?

I am more interested in the users games played feature of this mod.

Thanks!

Is there a way to use this addon without showing the option to users "login with Steam"?

Thanks!

I'm sure you'd be able to remove the buttons to log in with Steam, but then everyone would have to manually associate their account for the stats to appear.

I apologise, I didn't mean for it to come across as rude :) But when someone links their Steam to our forums to attack our admins and promote Nazism, having a feature like that is certainly a big bonus to have. So if possible, and if I posted this in the right place, there is a suggestion for you which would get you 5/5 from me! Because the plugin is great and works perfectly, there in MY eyes, is room for improvement with my suggestion :p //Tried not sounding big headed or know-it-all<3

Banning them could be a better solution because a dissociation would allow them to create a new account with their SteamProfile. Banning that account could keep their SteamID locked to it. The admin dissociation feature was just suggested after my last update yesterday morning: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/steam-authentication-integration.42694/page-25#post-668207

I haven't had time to implement, test, and release it yet. I wish I could think of everything people would need from this addon without making it too bloated, but I may miss some things. Which is why I like to stay active with feedback and try to release quick fixes when possible.

I'm not upset about your review. It's your opinion and you're welcome to it. I need feedback to keep this thing going in a direction people want. It was just confusing for me because you rated the addon 4/5 after saying "It's a great plugin, truly, awesome." I assumed the missing star was due to a lacking feature that you wanted to see, understandable. I responded about my activity in the resource discussion, because when people see your review, I want them to know that I am actively developing the addon and things like this can be improved.

Reviews are there to be candid about how you feel about the addon, and author's responses are there to let us give our sides of the story so that when others see it, they can get the full context.

Thanks!

You can remove it from the template steam_login_bar_item after installing the addon. But as @Eoj Nawoh said, the only way you'd get that data is if people went to their user profile settings and associated their steam account with their current forum account. The idea of having the "Sign In Through Steam" is having a registration path of least resistance. People without an account on your forum could easily create one just by signing in with their steam account.

Just my two cents, it'll work either way though. :cool:

Why would you remove their integration? Wouldn't you just ban them so they couldn't use it again? If you remove their Steam data from an account, they'd just re-register. Just ban them and move on?
Banning is a last resort; I like to warn them, then ban them if they persist. :)

Top Bottom