Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
HowIChrgeLazer updated Steam Authentication & Integration with a new update entry:

Version 1.6.2 and Version 1.5.3 Changelog

Thank you @kghector for the security report!

* Fixed XSS exploit with SteamProfile badge

An XSS exploit was found that could potentially inject unsafe scripts into forum pages. It is recommended that you upgrade to this release immediately.

Due to the nature of this exploit I'm providing a fix for the 1.6 branch (for XenForo 1.5+) as well as the 1.5 branch of Steam Authentication (for XenForo 1.3.x and 1.4.x).

The 1.5 branch file is attached to this post.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Attachments

Do you accept pull requests?

Yep!

As long as the pull requests keeps the code clean and adds necessary features or fixes bugs. I do ask that pull requests are made on the develop branch. I try to update that one immediately whenever I make changes so you'll be more up-to-date than the master branch. That way conflicts are avoided. https://github.com/HowIChrgeLazer/Steam-Authentication-for-XenForo/tree/develop

It's why I have not to ask for donations in the three+ years I've been maintaining this addon. This is was started as a GNU GPL Open Source project by Morgan and I'd like to continue that vision.

Trying to figure out how to add the steam tab to the side pannel with the other ribbons on the main boards? Any idea why it does not show up? Using the UI.X theme.

Attachments

• steamtab.webp
    steamtab.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 26
Is it possible to remove the "Powered by Steam" in the footer? http://prntscr.com/9zgn10

You can, but it will violate the API agreement with steam:

Valve Brand and Links
Each page that uses the Steam Web API must contain a link to http://steampowered.com with the text "Powered by Steam". We suggest that you put this link in your footer so it is out of the way but still visible to interested users.

I have coded the addon to only show this in the footer where the SteamAPI is being used.

Trying to figure out how to add the steam tab to the side pannel with the other ribbons on the main boards? Any idea why it does not show up? Using the UI.X theme.

You can manually add the steam_message_user_info into your template. The third party theme must deviate from the normal XenForo coding structure.

How can I move "Steam block" to the bottom of this list? (profile page stat)

View attachment 127950

You can change the execution order in ACP -> Appearance -> Template Modifications -> message_user_info under Steam Auth. Looks like another addon is executing their template modifications after Steam Auth. If changing the execution order doesn't fix it, it's using the old hook system and I can't resolve that.

You can change the execution order in ACP -> Appearance -> Template Modifications -> message_user_info under Steam Auth. Looks like another addon is executing their template modifications after Steam Auth. If changing the execution order doesn't fix it, it's using the old hook system and I can't resolve that.

Isnt message_user_info only for the block when posting messages? Or is this the same template the infoblock on the profile page?

Isnt message_user_info only for the block when posting messages? Or is this the same template the infoblock on the profile page?

Sorry, your screenshot was not showing me more of the page, I misinterpreted it as a forum post, not a member profile page.

member_view is what you want to change the execution order in.

You can manually add the steam_message_user_info into your template. The third party theme must deviate from the normal XenForo coding structure.

I'm still super new to XenForo would you or anyone else have maybe a step by step on how to add this? I see the templates just not sure how to get it in there.

What would be the best way to grab the external auth data from another addon? Trying to update an addon of mine to use this addon and I'm not quite sure how to grab the provider_key for steam provider. I'll also need to convert it to STEAM ID, but I can figure that out. Anyone know?

Can anyone tell me if there would be a way to add the games tab in the admin CP to be shown to the normal users?
It would be great for people to be able to search the games statistics like i do in the admin CP.

0j4YAmY.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom