Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
I don't believe you shouldn't go about editing the code. Sorry, I should have looked at what I linked closer. The problem you are having to do with your php install and it's current certificate authorities.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ficate-unable-to-get-local-issuer-certificate

I added
curl.cainfo= xx/ca-bundle.crt
openssl.cafile= xx/ca-bundle.crt
openssl.capath = xx/ca-bundle.crt
and just get a general error:

Code:
Testing ... https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ - https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/
....HTTPS to Steam - Problem
Array
(
    [url] => https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/
    [content_type] => text/html
    [http_code] => 200
    [header_size] => 235
    [request_size] => 184
    [filetime] => -1
    [ssl_verify_result] => 0
    [redirect_count] => 0
    [total_time] => 0.066045
    [namelookup_time] => 0.004159
    [connect_time] => 0.012493
    [pretransfer_time] => 0.051178
    [size_upload] => 0
    [size_download] => 45
    [speed_download] => 681
    [speed_upload] => 0
    [download_content_length] => 45
    [upload_content_length] => -1
    [starttransfer_time] => 0.066015
    [redirect_time] => 0
    [redirect_url] =>
    [primary_ip] => 184.84.243.217
    [certinfo] => Array
        (
        )

[primary_port] => 443
    [local_ip] => 1xxx
    [local_port] => 48389
)

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't really help you there. I don't know your environment and troubleshooting this further is outside the scope of my addon. :(
Debian Jessie php 5.6. I just don't get why every other integration script works fine except for yours. None of the other sites have curl issues. It does seem like it's the way your Register.php handles curl.

Debian Jessie php 5.6. I just don't get why every other integration script works fine except for yours. None of the other sites have curl issues. It does seem like it's the way your Register.php handles curl.

I don't see where the addon is causing the problem. Your test script showed an error outside of my addon. When you get an error like this:

SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

It's your webserver having an issue with the SSL cert from the steam CDN. That is outside my control, I can't fix that with code. I mean I can, but that's a hack and a security risk.

I don't see where the addon is causing the problem. Your test script showed an error outside of my addon. When you get an error like this:

SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

It's your webserver having an issue with the SSL cert from the steam CDN. That is outside my control, I can't fix that with code. I mean I can, but that's a hack and a security risk.
I added the cert file and get no cert errors. Signups work now. Maybe you could add that to the FAQ if people get ssl:// connect errors?
How to fix "Unable to Connect to ssl://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net:443. Error #0" errors:
    • Make sure OpenSSL has updated Cert files as shown in your phpinfo(); under OpenSSL
    • Add the following to your php.ini file:
      curl.cainfo= /path/ca-bundle.crt
      openssl.capath = /path/ca-bundle.crt
      openssl.cafile= /path/ca-bundle.crt ;depreciated command for php > 5.6 version
    • Restart webserver!
more info via: Stackoverflow

The problem was that example you gave me was invalid. The webpage at that url does not containt the text: "steam" anywhere on the page. Changing it to
nxs_cURLTest("https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/", "HTTPS to Steam", "<body>");
gives:
Testing ... https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net - https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/
....HTTPS to Steam - OK

Another test shows no errors as well:
Code:
<?php
// Create a curl handle to a non-existing location
$ch = curl_init('https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/');
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);

if(curl_exec($ch) === false)
{
    echo 'Curl error: ' . curl_error($ch);
}
else
{
    echo 'Operation completed without any errors';
}

// Close handle
curl_close($ch);
?>
Your Add-on looks awesome and manually adding Steam Integration after a forum account is already setup works great too. E-mail verification would def help prevent people using fake emails and would auto-send the welcome email.
Can't wait to see the ACP side of the Steam submenus to get added to public view in a later update. I appreciate your hard work.

Last edited:
I use this addon since first beta release. Thank you for this very useful addon!

I have an issue:

The Steam status banner on user profile page isn't shown anymore on my forum. I don't know since when, but I felt like it was working a few days ago.

I haven't changed steam auth ACP options and related template modification is still the same. In my old clone test forum with same versions xf 1.4.2 and steam auth addon 1.5.3 it's still working. Stats collecting is still working. No ACP errors.

I changed my live forum from HTTP do HTTPS 3 weeks ago. I don't think it's something with the change, because I believe it worked a few days ago, but I'm not 100% sure.

In ACP options I've set the options "steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net (HTTPS/HTTP)" and "Steam API via HTTP" and "Display Steam Profile in profile" and "Display Steam Profile in-game banners" like all times.

Can you please help?

@HowIChrgeLazer

Thanks for this plugin.
How do we remove the tab which is on the bottom beside "help", "home", rules and "contact us"?

Unchecking the box which is in the options did not solve this issue because it removes the one which is on the navbar.

Is there someone that is tracking "users added" via Steam integration in GA?
If so, is there a special expression or value you use to get proper tracking of those users?

Will all users registering via the Steam integration have location = Parts Unknown? Just noticed thats what my users got.

When i have display set to "Display Steam Profile in messages", it doesn't display in my style (Pixel Exit's Fusion Gamer).

What's the code i can use to manually display it with a template modification?

When i have display set to "Display Steam Profile in messages", it doesn't display in my style (Pixel Exit's Fusion Gamer).

What's the code i can use to manually display it with a template modification?
It works on my Fusion gamer install. It puts it in the message top right. Are you trying to put it below the avatar?

Display steam in postbit not working for me and a lot others from what I've read.

I figured out how to do it myself (to get it to display at very bottom of message info), so here it is for everyone else:

Create a new template modification in your default style or the default styles' parent style:

Template: message_user_info
Modification Key: SteamStatusUnderInfo
Description: Steam Status Under Info

Find:
Code:
<span class="arrow"><span></span></span>

Replace:
Code:
$0

<xen:include template="steam_profile_message_info" />

Then in Options->Steam Integration, check "Display Steam Profile in messages" and save.

And here's what it will look like:

steam.webp

The steam profile in postbit seems to disappear every now and then. Just wanted give you a heads up. Not sure if this is a known issue :)

Can you replicate the issue with consistency? Not exactly sure why it would be disappearing at random. To help troubleshoot the issue I'll need a cause or a specific error from the addon.

I use this addon since first beta release. Thank you for this very useful addon!

I have an issue:

The Steam status banner on user profile page isn't shown anymore on my forum. I don't know since when, but I felt like it was working a few days ago.

I haven't changed steam auth ACP options and related template modification is still the same. In my old clone test forum with same versions xf 1.4.2 and steam auth addon 1.5.3 it's still working. Stats collecting is still working. No ACP errors.

I changed my live forum from HTTP do HTTPS 3 weeks ago. I don't think it's something with the change, because I believe it worked a few days ago, but I'm not 100% sure.

In ACP options I've set the options "steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net (HTTPS/HTTP)" and "Steam API via HTTP" and "Display Steam Profile in profile" and "Display Steam Profile in-game banners" like all times.

Can you please help?

Did you change skins or update a skin? If it works on the default XenForo theme, I would think that is the culprit.

Also, are the permissions set correctly?

@HowIChrgeLazer

Thanks for this plugin.
How do we remove the tab which is on the bottom beside "help", "home", rules and "contact us"?

Unchecking the box which is in the options did not solve this issue because it removes the one which is on the navbar.

Unfortunately this is a violation of the Steam Community API terms and conditions. "Powered by Steam" has to be in place somewhere on the page anywhere where the API is used. This addon only includes it on pages that display the SteamProfile or stats and on the index of the forums.

Will all users registering via the Steam integration have location = Parts Unknown? Just noticed thats what my users got.

Parts Unknown will be set as their location if a location is not set on their Steam Profile or if their profile is set to private.

Love the looks of this addon but when looking for steam api says not allowed :S

I believe you need to own a game on your steam account to be able to get an API key. Not sure of the exact requirements though.

Display steam in postbit not working for me and a lot others from what I've read.

Does it work on the default XenForo theme okay? If so, the issue may be with the theme you are using. I can't account for all custom code and I don't want to fall back to using template hooks as those are considered deprecated by the developers.

What for?

I believe debug needs to be on to add template modifications, but I could be mistaken. But definitely turn it off when done adding them.

Top Bottom