Starting a second forum - questions

Alvin63

So I'm about to start setting up a second forum - have the domain name and logo designed. Does this mean I need to purchase another separate Xenforo licence? I'm guessing it does. Or is there some kind of discount for a second subscription?

I'm just downloading the second licence and a bit confused at the options. It says

Xenforo latest stable
Importers latest stable
Resource Manager

What is Importers? I know what 1 and 3 are - I purchased Resource Manager. But what is Importers? Assume I need it as it's there as an option to be ticked ready to download?

Can't remember how to upload the xenforo files into my file manager. I wrote it all down last time and don't understand my own instructions :-)

So what I have written down is -

1) Extract xenforo files (done that)
2) Open file manager and select "upload"
3) Select the "upload" folder from Xenforo and open it, select all the contents, then move the contents to the public_html folder

What I'm not sure about from that is - when I select "upload" in the file manager - do I then select the "upload" folder from Xenforo and upload that then open it and copy the contents to public_html?

Or do I select "Upload" in file manager - choose the "upload" folder in xenforo and open it and then copy the contents of that to upload.

I tried doing the first way and it failed. So deleted everything and started again. When I went to try the second way, there wasn't the ability to select all the contents of the upload folder once I had navigated to the file.

Also in my file manager it gives me the option to select to upload a folder or upload files - so I need to know which one to select.

There are things you might like though. For example the media gallery add on. That's a lot of fun.
Might add that later :) I was going to add Bobs AMS though,. Do you have any sample screenshots of media gallery so I can see what you can do with it?

Might add that later :) I was going to add Bobs AMS though,. Do you have any sample screenshots of media gallery so I can see what you can do with it?
I don't but look at how xenforo have got theirs. It's rather great because you can post up things like your videos, and your photos of things that you saw.

You want to see several of Bob's add-ons in action along with the Media Gallery and RM, feel free to stop by the site in my sig. You can access all of it as a guest (can't enter any data though).

You want to see several of Bob's add-ons in action along with the Media Gallery and RM, feel free to stop by the site in my sig. You can access all of it as a guest (can't enter any data though).
My computer blocked that link as a dangerous website.

• Wow
Reactions: rdn
Just had a server error. All I've done so far is upload the logo, changed the height of the header bar in header/logo css, and centred the logo using extra.less. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Error.webp
    Error.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 13
My computer blocked that link as a dangerous website.
Got a feeling it's a DO issue, as I recently had to redo the VPS and it got a new IP number. Odds are some spammer had it before me. Guess I need to do some research.
So, looks like your AV is giving a false positive.
Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 12.37.43 PM.png

And yep, it's that very "illustrious" Norton AV "Safe Web"... the AV that can't get out of it's own way!

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 12.40.33 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: eL_
@Tracy Perry Norton and Mcafee are just plain garbage anyway.
Yep.. and have been for years. There is a reason that they stick it on new computers, because folks that actually research will avoid paying for it outright as there are better ones out there... and then the poor users tend to keep renewing, not knowing what junk it actually is.

Top Bottom