Browser issue Spell check doesn't work

I haven't had issues, but unfortunately I don't think there is much XenForo can do since this is controlled by the browser, not the software.

I haven't had issues, but unfortunately I don't think there is much XenForo can do since this is controlled by the browser, not the software.
There are ways to disable the built-in spell check. It is not conrolled by the browser alone.
That could be the case, but it might be also just a styling issue that hides the misspelled word dots.

This seems to work correctly in my tests - I see the red dots and clicking on the word brings up the choice list.

We're not doing anything to disable it -- it may just be a choice made by iOS (or a bug within it).

This seems to work correctly in my tests - I see the red dots and clicking on the word brings up the choice list.

We're not doing anything to disable it -- it may just be a choice made by iOS (or a bug within it).
Your test was with the same device?

In this case, the iPhone simulator (I only personally own Android devices, I have to wait to check iOS stuff directly later). But this should generally be a software thing.

I don't see the red dots to indicate a spelling mistake in any text area box I type when using Sarafi on IOS6 (tried on various different websites (redactor / tinymce / google))

2013-07-15 13.36.54.webp

I have the issue with Chrome in Win7, it happens only some times that i am writing and all the red dots disappear from sudden and i must write random text or delete text to make the spell check work again.
It usually happens when I enter some smilie / image / paste text in the editor. I'm not sure if this is chrome related, it happens in the 1.1 editor and 1.2, but it is frustrating to make the spell checker work again when it happens.

Just to confirm, what about in the non-WYSIWYG elements? What about in 1.1? @MattW seems to imply that it doesn't show anywhere.

When tested with iPod4 (6.1.2) I could see the red dots of misspelled words. Also someone posted that it works for him in his iPad2.
Seems like this is just iPhone5/iOS6.1.4 bug/behavior. Double clicking on misspelled word does give list of corrections, it's just don't display the red dots. It does show the red dots in apps, such as the email app.

Guess this report can be closed as it's not related to XF, unless the staff would want to investigate that further.

It's random on the iPad. The screen shot on the iPad above shows Vectra being highlighted. Typing it now, it's not showing it as a spelling mistake (no words are now)

Top Bottom