Speed up your site with a CDN

Speed up your site with a CDN 2015-07-18

No permission to download
XenForo automatically appends cache-busting query strings to resource URLs, so as long as you don't have the CDN configured to ignore query strings then you shouldn't have to purge anything.

Thanks - so is that why you set ... Ignore Query String = disabled ... within KeyCDN?

Having an issue with avatars not updating (and having to manually purge the KeyCDN cache). I have Ignore Query String set to disabled, so what else could be causing it?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

The KeyCDN live report is showing avatars without the cache-busting element at the end of the URL - is that normal? Shouldn't it include that part so as to recache when a new avatar is uploaded?

I expect it should work fine.
According to the add-on overview tab, each multisite has it's own style and it's within the style properties that you define one area of CDN support (General | Path to Images)
I also assumes the add-on manages multisite data/ and js/ files appropriately too, so CDN assignment in library/config.php should also be fine too.

1. Navigate to Appearance -> Style Properties -> General
  2. Within the 'Path to Images' field, add your Zone URL to the beginning.
Do i need to do this steps for my all styles?

Thank you @Mouth .. I have been waiting and waiting to sort a CDN but was never sure just how to do it.. So will give this a bash. Even though our server is pretty good, I am hoping to shave a bit off loading times etc.
Will give it a go, and let you know. Thank you very much. :)

Damn it killed my site. The whole site went white with no content at all... just completely gone.
Had to revert it.

You have to wait a moment and clear cache. You don't need to purging. Its a simple caching thing.

You have to wait a moment and clear cache. You don't need to purging. Its a simple caching thing.
Hmm okay.. it's really messy and seems some of the js etc isn't loading fully as I can't load alerts. I even got logged out of ssh and sftp.
I have had to revert again as it's peak traffic, but I think I am getting there. It's the ignore query string - I forgot to disable it. Think that caused issues.

EDIT. I am seeing hundreds of 'misses' in the logs. 403 503 and 404

Last edited:
Top Bottom