Speed up your site with a CDN

Speed up your site with a CDN 2015-07-18

No permission to download
@Mouth how many 4xx client errors do you have? I've got 491 in 24 hours, not sure if I should be concerned. If the resource just doesn't load upon error, then that's a problem.
Filter your Real-time log with {"status":"404"} to see what they are. It means the client browser was requesting a URI for which the CDN could not retrieve from cache or from your site. I find most often, these are for user avatars that have since been updated/replaced and thus no longer available. A case of browser cache's requesting page items that are no longer current, and would produce a 404 regardless of whether retrieving from your server or CDN.

Filter your Real-time log with {"status":"404"} to see what they are. It means the client browser was requesting a URI for which the CDN could not retrieve from cache or from your site. I find most often, these are for user avatars that have since been updated/replaced and thus no longer available. A case of browser cache's requesting page items that are no longer current, and would produce a 404 regardless of whether retrieving from your server or CDN.

It's lots of things, css files, .js files, .png files.
Around 20% is 4xx errors, I don't like that. However if the site will still display correctly despite them, it's fine I guess.

Had to abandon this, I assume it doesn't work well with BD Cache (css to file) because many reported this,

30b6e36d81d005bdfbe995fc02ac4cd8.png

Yup, that will likely be a problem for you.
Better to turn off BD Cache and offload from your sever to the CDN. Do it in 2 step process.

The whole point of css to file is to allow css to be put into CDN, I don't understand why it won't work. It even says that here -> [bd] Cache

KeyCDN won't be able to cache CSS without it either, right?
Not when using default css.php. I find it very low volume anyways.
If BD Cache is creating files, then their should be no reason why KeyCDN cannot serve them. I don't have BD Cache, so cannot determine how it's serving the CSS files.

Will post attachments and thumbnails also be served from the CDN?

Does this affect SEO, specifically Google image search results?

I've set this up on XF Liam with referrer checking and a custom hostname (with my own SSL certificate).

Thanks!

Liam

@Mouth thanks for the brief tutorial. I was able to set this up on one of my forums without issue then tried to setup a second forum (using the UI.X framework) and received an error that the framework was unable to locate the java files even though I changed the location to the CDN.

On another subject, could you add to this tutorial on how someone would setup KeyCDN on a XF forum that's also using a SSL cert?

Thanks!

Top Bottom