Speed Up Your Xenforo 2 Site (Especially on Mobile) with Ezoic

Speed Up Your Xenforo 2 Site (Especially on Mobile) with Ezoic

Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet submitted a new resource:

Speed Up Your Xenforo 2 Site (Especially on Mobile) with Ezoic - How to use Ezoic Site Speed Accelerator to speed up your Xenforo 2 site (especially on mobile)

Disclosure: I belong to the Ezoic Affiliate Program. If you find this resource helpful and decide to give Ezoic a try, I would appreciate your clicking my Ezoic referral link before signing up for Ezoic. You do not lose anything by doing so, and I get paid a referral fee.

Let me first say that Xenforo 2 is very fast right out of the box. If you have decent hosting and don't have much advertising on your site...

Read more about this resource...

Nice thanks for the Guide.
So no Cloudflare in front of your site anymore now?

Not anymore. I wasn't getting my best site performance with them, but that is partially down to my unusual requirements: very image-heavy pages and a requirement to keep high res images with metadata intact.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdn
How about the transition of name servers from Cloudflare to Ezoic?
Do you experience downtime during that time?

And also does HTTPS/SSL certificate re-issuance from Ezoic another downtime?

How about the transition of name servers from Cloudflare to Ezoic?
Do you experience downtime during that time?

I stopped using Cloudflare quite a while before starting Ezoic. In the transition of nameservers from DNSMadeEasy to Ezoic I didn't experience downtime on two of my sites. I used the wrong nameservers on one of my sites and had downtime, but that was my error.

And also does HTTPS/SSL certificate re-issuance from Ezoic another downtime?

I didn't have any downtime related to that. It went very smoothly.

The only major bump in the road I experienced was that when I used the Ezoic Consent Management app to help with GDPR compliance, it caused my EU members to have trouble staying logged in, even when they agreed to accept all cookies. So I disabled the Ezoic Consent Management app and used Quantcast Choice (free) instead.

I should also mention that my server response times aren't as good with Ezoic as they were with DNSMadeEasy. But the Speed Accelerator makes up for that.

Thanks for the information.
In terms of protection and firewall, how does Ezoic works?
Does it have some firewall options also and hide server IP?

Last edited:
Hey, those are my instructions! :sneaky: I spent hours on all that; glad to see it will help others! So what cut of your affiliate revenue will I be getting? ;)

I linked your instructions instead of copying them in order to give you credit for them👍. Thanks for all your help!

For most Xenforo sites, I would recommend turning all of those on to significantly increase page speed on pages with images (including avatars and attachments).
I have them all shut off on my instance, primarily because it was creating problems with certain ajax features, like quick reply and toggle BB code.

is anyone still using ezoic? my primary problem with them over the last couple of days of testing is that it increases my Time to first byte (TTFB). it takes 2-3 seconds before the page starts loading. if i disable ezoic, everything goes back to normal. their support system has been quite useless wrt this. they keep on saying that performance is fine at their end and i should try out their site accelerator service which only improves on things that are on page. i even gave it a try but for obvious reasons, it did not fix the ttfb issue. it seems like the problem is with ssl handshake as i sometime end up getting an error related to this. was just wondering if anyone else here faced a similar problem and what could possibly be the reason. cheers.

I stopped earlier last year. I found that it was a lot of work, the revenue bump was ok but not game-changing, and I was ceding more control than I wanted or needed, so all-in, was not worth it for me.
So what are you using now? I was just here doing research about Ezoic :oops:

just straight adsense (without auto-ads), but I'm not the best role model for this, that's for sure!

Top Bottom