sonnb - Profanity Filter

sonnb - Profanity Filter 1.2.0

No permission to download
I installed this today - left it and forgot about it.

Then I get told that all of the content of my posts has disappeared.

Is that supposed to happen? If that's expected, then I believe you should probably at least instruct it clearly in your add-on description. Though, I suspect that it is probably a bug.

No, I ran out of time to configure it so I just left it, and then later I got told my posts weren't visible.

Regardless of whether I should have configured it or not, if there's a chance your entire content can disappear while you configure it, then the add-on should by default be disabled or that fact should be made clearer.

No, I ran out of time to configure it so I just left it, and then later I got told my posts weren't visible.

Regardless of whether I should have configured it or not, if there's a chance your entire content can disappear while you configure it, then the add-on should by default be disabled or that fact should be made clearer.
Hello Chris,

You are right, I should add more detail how configuration it because not everyone know how to do it. What is error that you get? There is no chance your entire content disappear, only threads with configured prefixes would be disappear if user do not enable Profanity Content in Account Preference.

I am wondering if the following can be done, and how easy it would be. The problem is that I don't want my guests to have all the content filtered, I just want members that have the choice to filter / un-filter it be able to have it filtered by default. But for guests, they can't see the content unless they actually register, so if there is a way to keep it unfiltered for guests, that would be great, or something that would be even better would be to keep the profanity filtered, but the prefixed threads unfiltered, since that's basically filtering a good part of the content.

I am wondering if the following can be done, and how easy it would be. The problem is that I don't want my guests to have all the content filtered, I just want members that have the choice to filter / un-filter it be able to have it filtered by default. But for guests, they can't see the content unless they actually register, so if there is a way to keep it unfiltered for guests, that would be great, or something that would be even better would be to keep the profanity filtered, but the prefixed threads unfiltered, since that's basically filtering a good part of the content.
This is easy target. We would add a group permission that we should ignore the filter on. I would update once I have free time.

I think this is a wonderful idea.

Can I turn this on and turn off the xF cuss filter? As long as, by default, it's on and members have to turn if off via their preferences, it would be an awesome addition.

I think this is a wonderful idea.

Can I turn this on and turn off the xF cuss filter? As long as, by default, it's on and members have to turn if off via their preferences, it would be an awesome addition.
I am not clear on your concern. You mean the permission?

Sorry to confuse.

I would like to use this instead of the xF internal filter. I suppose I could simply remove all words I have in it and put it in this add-on.

I would also like for each member to have the option to turn it on or off via their preferences. I'm not able to see your screen shots very well so can't tell if this is included.

Sorry to confuse.

I would like to use this instead of the xF internal filter. I suppose I could simply remove all words I have in it and put it in this add-on.

I would also like for each member to have the option to turn it on or off via their preferences. I'm not able to see your screen shots very well so can't tell if this is included.
Ah, yes. Absolutely you use this instead of default XF one. For preference, please check this picture: http://xenforo.com/community/attach...63d2_47567310-725201251250pm-700x0-jpg.32116/

Can we have a screenshot for this?
Before:
psUYIXH.png

After:
x2bv2gh.png

Could you also post your configuration in options for more information in investigation?

I would check that.

Top Bottom