sonnb - Profanity Filter

sonnb - Profanity Filter 1.2.0

No permission to download
It doesnt work in 1.4.4 for me, with this addon installed new threads can't be created and posts can't be edited. I get shown the error "Please enter a valid message."

I tracked it specifically to this addon by enabling and disabling all my addons.

Last edited:
It doesnt work in 1.4.4 for me, with this addon installed new threads can't be created and posts can't be edited. I get shown the error "Please enter a valid message."

I tracked it specifically to this addon by enabling and disabling all my addons.
This addon does not touch the thread/post creation part. So it cannot prevent them from being created.
Is there anyway to allow members to uncensor some words, but keep other worse/more graphic words censored for everyone?
This is a option per user field. Not permission so it cannot do that.

You mean filter on shoutbox?
Yes, correct. I was hoping that maybe there was some way to support it, as a lot of my users spend a lot of their time on the shoutbox and they don't really like the profanity filters I have on, but I also didn't want to turn them completely off for guests/new users. So it would be very helpful but from what the developer of the other add on says, it would be a major change.

So it's completely understandable if it isn't doable.

Unfortunately this is not a simple change, as the profanity filter addon has explicit code for normal XF threads, and entirely different code would need to be added to it to support taigachat messages.

Hey there,
I seem to have having an issue where line breaks disappear when this addon is enabled. Oddly enough it only started when I upgraded to 1.1.0 (now on 1.1.1).

Last edited:
This latest update causes all paragraphs to run together.

For example this text below the above, would be on one line instead of a second line.

Line breaks run together, and all smilies no longer appear. Worked perfectly for months until this recent update(s). I tried it with both the XF censor list and with the plugin list, either way it is broken.

tested 2 times, before version 1.1.2 and 1.1.2.. my server down.. I do not think is good for a big board..

tested 2 times, before version 1.1.2 and 1.1.2.. my server down.. I do not think is good for a big board..
I do not think it affects to the site performance. If you can give me a trace why the server was down, I might found the reason.

Top Bottom