Profanity filter and Google Adsense

AndrewSimm

I run an college football board so pretty normal for our users to use profanity. I've increased the censored words due to warnings from Google. My question is if I create an add-on to allow users to view censored words would Google know this and still punish me. In other worse does Adsense read what the user does or does it read the page as a unregistered user?

It doesn't actually track your real visitors scrolling behavior. It's an AI estimate/prediction.
When I moved to GA4 and tested tag manager I was able to watch my user_id and it reported my scrolling. I did this under debugging. GA4 tracks events.

Edit: here is an article

Don't worry, Googlebot browses as an unregistered guest (unless you provide it with a username and password).

Otherwise it would be reading any private forums too 😮😮

90 percent events? Listeners?

We're not even in the ballpark of googlebot indexing any non-public content. Posts. Let's keep the goalposts solid.
I am asking a question to validate my assumptions. I used scrolling as an example of what they are tracking and you incorrectly suggested it was AI. If you read the article you will see that you can add in other percentages in tag manager.

I am asking a question to validate my assumptions. I used scrolling as an example of what they are tracking and you incorrectly suggested it was AI. If you read the article you will see that you can add in other percentages in tag manager.
I did read it. It doesn't know anything you don't tell it?

Your original question.... We're not even in the ballpark of googlebot indexing any non-public content.

If you haven’t given the Adsense bot a specific user account to use, then it can only view what guests see.

We setup a specific user account called GoogleAdsBot so that we could give them access to most areas of our sites, but (by using usergroup memberships to impose restrictions) not all.

We setup a specific user account called GoogleAdsBot so that we could give them access to most areas of our sites, but (by using usergroup memberships to impose restrictions) not all.
How do you supply the specific login options?
I tried with XF2 and it doesn’t work.

One thing I thought about this morning is if Google could just use basic logic to flag content.

For example, our team played like ** tonight. Our players need to pull their head out of their *.

If Google can access to all the content expect the asterisks then it wouldn't be hard to determine what was said.

Following, great idea for an add-on.

Thinking more on it, if you're trying to lure in direct advertisers, you may just want to filter out all the **** for all guests. If you've coded that far ... maybe even make the filter an option for registered users. Some words like c**t can trigger workplace firewalls and get a site blocked.

Top Bottom