sonnb - Live Thread

sonnb - Live Thread 1.2.0

No permission to download
I think adding a "Live" prefix automatically to the thread, while running live, would be a good option.
What does you mean? Live prefix is being used by this addon by default.

This is perfect for staff posting from the show floor of an event.
Couple of questions.
First, the browser doesn't scroll to the bottom, so new posts aren't visible as they are appearing off the bottom of the screen.
And the Post Ratings system buttons aren't displaying properly.
See attached, Thanks.
View attachment 53124
Would check the compatible. The reason for not scrolling is you might reading a post, it is very vexatious to scroll you away from it.

Would check the compatible. The reason for not scrolling is you might reading a post, it is very vexatious to scroll you away from it.
Do you mean you will check compatibility? I will need both to work together.
I get that it could be annoying if he page keeps scrolling when you are trying to read it.
How do other people find this? Do you feel there is a need to have a notice pop up or anything to alert the reader that there are new replies?

Do you mean you will check compatibility? I will need both to work together.
I get that it could be annoying if he page keeps scrolling when you are trying to read it.
How do other people find this? Do you feel there is a need to have a notice pop up or anything to alert the reader that there are new replies?
Yes. I would check.

For the notice I already thought about it but do not implement yet.

Would it be possible to extend this to conversations? Of course I would pay for the development. ;)

When I hit the 'reply' link in a thread, it does not load the reply, even when I use a default Xenforo theme.
I disabled the addon and was able to load replies again. Disabled for now. :(

Guessing it doesn't work on 1.2 yet? I use 1.2, tried it with 1.1.8 version of the addon, and got this error when checkmarking the live thread button on a thread,

Argument 1 passed to UserEss_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be an array, none given, called in /home/bushwook/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php on line 453 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in UserEss/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 13
  2. UserEss_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 453
  3. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
  4. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 1103
  5. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionQuickUpdate() in sonnb/LiveThread/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 647
  6. sonnb_LiveThread_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionQuickUpdate() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/bushwook/public_html/index.php at line 13

Got this when trying to post,

Argument 1 passed to UserEss_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be an array, none given, called in /home/bushwook/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php on line 453 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in UserEss/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 13
  2. UserEss_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 453
  3. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
  4. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 1126
  5. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_saveDiscussionDataWriter() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 589
  6. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Dark/TaigaChat/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php at line 7
  8. Dark_TaigaChat_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 548
  9. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in sonnb/LiveThread/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 309
  10. sonnb_LiveThread_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/bushwook/public_html/index.php at line 13

Guessing it doesn't work on 1.2 yet? I use 1.2, tried it with 1.1.8 version of the addon, and got this error when checkmarking the live thread button on a thread,

Got this when trying to post,
It does compatible. Actually your addon User Essential does not compatible with 1.2.
I get this error in the javascript console
Uncaught ReferenceError: tinyMCE is not defined. from the LiveThread.js file.
I would check it.

This is perfect for staff posting from the show floor of an event.
Couple of questions.
First, the browser doesn't scroll to the bottom, so new posts aren't visible as they are appearing off the bottom of the screen.
And the Post Ratings system buttons aren't displaying properly.
See attached, Thanks.
View attachment 53124
Could I have a demo link?

Top Bottom