sonnb - Live Thread

sonnb - Live Thread 1.2.0

No permission to download
I still sorta vague on what this addon does; however, by looking at some of the posts it
appears to be somewhat popular; I did install it, but not sure what it really does, and since
I only allow limited backlinks I had to install the addon, maybe when my forum becomes
more popular, maybe then I can see what it actually does, and I am just not willing to
pay $50 for something that isnt going to do anything on a new forum, which I never
thought it was meant for a new forum, but wanted to see what the fuss was about....

Thank for your comment. Yes, this addon is for quite busy forum where users are active or they need to run a live event that does not require user to click/refresh to get new content.

Any plans to support pagination? Its confusing to my members when they click on a page from the node list and it loads 50 replies.

Any plans to support pagination? Its confusing to my members when they click on a page from the node list and it loads 50 replies.

It might a little bit confuse by the case you mentioned. If you are willing to use pagination, I think XF 1.2 would suitable for you as it would show notification if new posts have been made and allow user to load them.

It might a little bit confuse by the case you mentioned. If you are willing to use pagination, I think XF 1.2 would suitable for you as it would show notification if new posts have been made and allow user to load them.

The notification in 1.2 does look nice and would be a suitable replacement for my forum (although not quite like the real thing).

Please make sure that you have properly uploaded all the files. I see that lot of JS files (several addons) were not updated correctly.

Would still like to see it for conversations too. Perhaps for conversations only in XF 1.2.
And would also still donate for such a development.

Part of why I donated towards this addon's development in the first place is because you said you would add pagination. Will you still do it or have you changed your mind?

Part of why I donated towards this addon's development in the first place is because you said you would add pagination. Will you still do it or have you changed your mind?
I know that but we made it since XF 1.2 features were not out and I see it quite helpful as you want to alert for new posts then user click and go to new page (exactly what 1.2 would offer). So I think it would not help much if this addon include that feature (and also I do not have much time for that). If you really do not like this explanation, I would return you the development's donation. Sorry for this change as I also do not expect it.

It seems that whenever I turn this add on on that it makes it so my members can't post on any of the forum. It doesn't give me any server errors or Javascript errors. We click Post Reply, the progress bar at the top right whenever you post goes for a second, then it just disappears. Nothing gets posted, and you can click Post Reply 100 times, and the same thing happens. Completely fixes itself once I turn off this addon.

It seems that whenever I turn this add on on that it makes it so my members can't post on any of the forum. It doesn't give me any server errors or Javascript errors. We click Post Reply, the progress bar at the top right whenever you post goes for a second, then it just disappears. Nothing gets posted, and you can click Post Reply 100 times, and the same thing happens. Completely fixes itself once I turn off this addon.
I would note that to fix.

Do any high traffic or big boards use this?

I'm not clear about usergroup permissions. Is it possible to only let certain usergroups experience live threads, while others see the same threads normal?

Last edited:
Do any high traffic or big boards use this?

I'm not clear about usergroup permissions. Is it possible to only let certain usergroups experience live threads, while others see the same threads normal?
Of course. That is what permission supposed to do.

Top Bottom