sonnb - Live Thread

sonnb - Live Thread 1.2.0

No permission to download
I know that but we made it since XF 1.2 features were not out and I see it quite helpful as you want to alert for new posts then user click and go to new page (exactly what 1.2 would offer). So I think it would not help much if this addon include that feature (and also I do not have much time for that). If you really do not like this explanation, I would return you the development's donation. Sorry for this change as I also do not expect it.
I don't understand this explanation at all.

Can someone explain this post to me?

I don't understand this explanation at all.

Can someone explain this post to me?

I said would do pagination when XF 1.2's feature: "notify newly posted posts" was not out. This feature look quite same what did you requested (except auto load new posts in current page).

I said would do pagination when XF 1.2's feature: "notify newly posted posts" was not out. This feature look quite same what did you requested (except auto load new posts in current page).
I still don't understand what your saying. All I asked was for a thread to have pagination like it currently exists right now without live threads. With live threads enabled, that thread would still have pagination. The only difference is that thread will be live and future posts would be occurring on the current page that is being viewed.

Great. :)

So are any big boards using this addon?
Yeah, my forum does (in my signature), and so does JABRI's.

@sonnb - got a weird issue. To get this add-on to activate we need to edit certain mysql.conf settings. It takes a long time to activate/deactivate. Beforehand it'd take a couple minutes and work, but now we need to manually change settings we don't really want to change to get it to work.

query_cache_size seems to help when lowered to around 2-5mb.

Big fan of this add-on by the way. Myself and my users rely on it massively; it's their favourite feature since we switched to Xenforo.

Yeah, my forum does (in my signature), and so does JABRI's.

@sonnb - got a weird issue. To get this add-on to activate we need to edit certain mysql.conf settings. It takes a long time to activate/deactivate. Beforehand it'd take a couple minutes and work, but now we need to manually change settings we don't really want to change to get it to work.

query_cache_size seems to help when lowered to around 2-5mb.

Big fan of this add-on by the way. Myself and my users rely on it massively; it's their favourite feature since we switched to Xenforo.
This is effected by TMS. During addon active/deactive, TMS need to recheck addon's modifications so it takes time. You might want to disable option rebuild template on addon enable/disable in TMS option. I would arrange time to edit code to not use TMS to get rid of this.

That might be a good feature to add. It would really increase use of the private conversation area, almost being like a private chat room in realtime.

It was discussed earlier inside this thread. It would not available in this addon. Maybe another addon for conversation only but I do not have the timeline yet.

This is effected by TMS. During addon active/deactive, TMS need to recheck addon's modifications so it takes time. You might want to disable option rebuild template on addon enable/disable in TMS option. I would arrange time to edit code to not use TMS to get rid of this.
Sorry for the late reply, but I didn't understand the fix. How do I go about fixing the time delay?

I never treated it as a big deal until recently, because now it won't even activate at all within the 120 second period. My users are really missing this add-on.

Sorry for the late reply, but I didn't understand the fix. How do I go about fixing the time delay?

I never treated it as a big deal until recently, because now it won't even activate at all within the 120 second period. My users are really missing this add-on.

Already fixed in upcoming version that also supports pagination. The new version should work on board with >1 mil of posts with all threads are lived.

Reactions: DRE
Reactions: DRE
I think adding a "Live" prefix automatically to the thread, while running live, would be a good option.

This is perfect for staff posting from the show floor of an event.
Couple of questions.
First, the browser doesn't scroll to the bottom, so new posts aren't visible as they are appearing off the bottom of the screen.
And the Post Ratings system buttons aren't displaying properly.
See attached, Thanks.
1.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom