[SolidMean] Amazon and eBay Parser

[SolidMean] Amazon and eBay Parser 1.2.7

No permission to download
Are you using releasing 1.2.1? The previous version had s bug in it regarding sub domains.

I'll take s look at some of your UK pages and do some investigation.

If you use this add-on to parse your eBay links, there are some issues with it that @Stuart Wright has brought to my attention, and I've been working with the ePN group to help resolve those.

I thought I'd have a new version just for the eBay parser out today, but it's going to be a little late due to some new information I received, so I hope to have a new version released (just for eBay) early next week.

Yeah, I can see that, but I think if you don't enable an eBay campaign, it's the result of adding 2 IF statements.

I may split them out in a later version

SneakyDave updated [SolidMean] Amazon and eBay Parser with a new update entry:

Update 1.2.2 (Just eBay changes)

10/25/2014: Version 1.2.1 (eBay improvements)
- Rewrote eBay processing to better support the ePN network, and rover.ebay subdomain URL's.
- No Amazon processing changes.

Adds eBay options for publisherid, customid, and toolid (defaults to 10001) which are not required, but can be used if you have specific links to target for your site, depending on your ePN needs.

This is practically a rewrite of the eBay parsing routine after getting some information from AVForums, and doing more testing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

SneakyDave updated [SolidMean] Amazon and eBay Parser with a new update entry:

11/24/2014: Version 1.2.3 (Proxy link improvements)

- Proxy link code now uses core xF proxy build method, rather than trying to negate the error generated from it. (Similar to what ComprehensiveURLParser does). Thanks to @Andy.N for bringing this to my attention.
- Removed some variables references that were no longer being used.
- Improved commenting.

NOTE: The following file removed in this version. You can delete it yourself, or keep it, it is no longer referenced in this add-on....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorry, just saw this Woody. I'll take a look at those short code links, first time I've seen them. Shouldn't be too hard to add.

I'd probably leave the shortcode as the URL name, and just rewrite the URL href.

I did a little investigation with that Amazon shortener, It doesn't appear to be used very much, even by Amazon. I can't find any reference to it in the Amazon Associates pages, and it's not even used (which would be beneficial) to shorten Amazon product links when shared with a Twitter account, via the "Site Stripe". Also, it appears to only work with the .com domain.

But the Amazon Link Checker does support adding an affiliate code to those shortened URL's, so I'll work on adding this.

This "amzn.com" shortener is different that the bit.ly "amzn.to" shortener, which can't be supported.

Top Bottom