[SolidMean] Amazon and eBay Parser

[SolidMean] Amazon and eBay Parser 1.2.7

No permission to download
I'm using that one too for the eBay Partner Network. Any chance that you could make a parser for that as well? I know there's another one here but it only parses after the fact, I like the way that yours is coded.

I'm looking into it. I have to do more investigation on whether to create a separate one, or include it with this one.

This looks extremely useful but your examples adds 0.7 seconds to the page load. Isn't that quite significant?

That .7 additional seconds is to parse 1000 amazon links on a page, so yeah, there is a difference, but nobody's going to have 1000 Amazon links on a page, with debug on. It may actually be faster now, as 90% of users will only have 1 Amazon affiliate account, and the add-on won't do any extra work if the url doesn't have "amazon." in it, and affiliates are only added to country codes the admin is participating in.

In a more real world example, but probably still more that usual, 10 links on a page gave me these numbers, no other addons, with debug on, and link proxying on:

No Addon
Timing: 0.3625 seconds Memory: 9.547 MB DB Queries: 10

With addon:
Timing 0.3782 seconds Memory: 9.432 MB DB Queries: 10

So, not an exact science (localhost machine, not cache configured, etc.), but for 10 links on a page, expect a .0160 second increase in page load(?). Not sure why the memory usage would be lower with the add-on installed, but I'm sure there's some xf caching or other mechanisms, or crons running that affect that.

Last edited:
I can reproduce the problem, It happens when a URL ends in a slash, adding the tag duplicates the slash. It only happens when link proxy is on.

Not sure it causes any amazon affiliate heartache, but I'll clean that up.

SneakyDave updated [SolidMean] Amazon Parser with a new update entry:

Release 1.1.2 (fixed bug that duplicated slashes in some circumstances)

10/4/2014: Version 1.1.2 (bug fix for link proxy)
- Fixed bug reported by @Andy.N whereby URL's that ended in a slash and had an affiliate added to it duplicated the slash before the tag= parameter. This only affected people with link proxy enabled.

I deleted the the update message (see next post), but version 1.1.2 is still available, with the bug fix reported above.

If you're upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, you really just need to replace the files, particularly, just the xfroot/library/SolidMean/AmazonParser/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php file.

Last edited:
I've deleted version/release 1.1.2 until I do more testing. There was something I didn't like with it.

Never mind, it should be fine. I was confused that my co.uk links weren't working, and that's because I'm not in the co.uk affiliate program.

SneakyDave updated [SolidMean] Amazon Parser with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.0 (support for eBay, renamed addon)

10/8/2014: Version 1.2.0 (support for eBay, renamed addon)
- Added ebay options for campaign id (campid), region/placement id, and cachebuster in the url.
- Renamed "Amazon Parser" to Amazon/eBay Parser (file names, addon xml file, and internal addon names are unchanged.)
- Performance improved by replacing stristr() functions with stripos().

If you have an eBay campaign id, visit the options and make sure to enter it into the correct country input box, located on the "eBay Options" tab.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just tried out your addon, looks to be working really well for Amazon, but had some trouble with eBay. I added my CampaignID which is the following format: 1234567890 but the links aren't showing this added on at all - I am using it for eBay deals, do you think the URL structure of that might be the problem?

Here's the way that the link shows:

http://deals.ebay.com/5001569663_Apple_iPad_Air_16GB_Wi_Fi_

I'll take a look, thanks for reporting it. Is that "deals" URL the original way it looks from eBay, or what it looks like after the addon has processed it?

I'll take a look, thanks for reporting it. Is that "deals" URL the original way it looks from eBay, or what it looks like after the addon has processed it?

Actually, it might be tricky... the deals.ebay seems to be the original link, but when you click on that within eBay it takes you to a more standardized URL. I was using the deals.ebay to propagate via RSS, which would be updated by the eBay daily deal...

This is a bug, it doesn't handle subdomains correctly, like "rover.ebay.com", and "deals.ebay.com". Not sure how that was missed, thought I had tested the "rover." subdomain pretty thoroughly, but I guess not. Should be straightened up in the next release maybe later today, or tomorrow.

Don't know if those will work with those addons, I don't use them, I can try them in the near future.

how about an option to replace same special words ("Amazon" "eBay") with a link to them with the affiliate attached?

You mean actual words in the message, rather than the url's? This addon only changes links/url's. I don't plan to expand it beyond that.

Thanks for the info on that, I'll try it out with link essentials. If it doesn't work, it may be a case of adjusting when the listener fires.

well I switched to auto link titles because "link essentials free" didn't get update from too much time. so for me is no more a problem ;)

Not sure whether I am doing this right. I put the campaign ID into the UK ebay text box, but running a report on the ebay partner network, I'm seeing no impressions or sales.

Top Bottom