Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
Any options for a permission like such:
Showcase: Convert Own Thread to Showcase.

I have users that create a post then later they want them to be a showcase. Is there a option so they can do it on there own?
Assigning this --> Showcase: Convert Thread to Showcase, seems to give the option to all users for anyones thread!
Thanks for your time.

Any options for a permission like such:
Showcase: Convert Own Thread to Showcase.
No. That action is only available to Administrators and Moderators.

Assigning this --> Showcase: Convert Thread to Showcase, seems to give the option to all users for anyones thread!
That is correct as it is a Forum Moderator permission that is listed under the Forum Moderator Permissions group. That permission gives the viewing user the ability to convert anyone's thread into a Showcase Item.

How can I require a description on items, or require text entry on tab 1 of categories?
Getting a few user recently creating showcase items with Titles only - nothing else. Want to restrict/deny this silliness.

How can I require a description on items, or require text entry on tab 1 of categories?
Getting a few user recently creating showcase items with Titles only - nothing else. Want to restrict/deny this silliness.
There is nothing in place currently to prevent that, however, IIRC, there is functionality in SC 2.6.0 (Min/Max Character amounts on a per category basis as well as per tab). This way those that want tab one content purely custom fields won't be effected.

I'm sure this will have been asked before but how to I set different usergroup permissions for different showcase categories? For example I have one category that any member can create. And another that I only want specific users to be able to create. Is this possible?
Thanks

The same as with any node. Go to the node permissions. (applications → showcase categories → permissions )

The same as with any node. Go to the node permissions. (applications → showcase categories → permissions )
Thank you. Didn't see those there. Couldn't see the wood for the trees!

I'm not sure things are working as expected, though.
Category level permissions override the main showcase permissions, right?
I would expect them to as the ethos behind permissions (as I understand it) is to set default permissions and then expand on those.
I have set up the permissions like this:
  1. set both the Create items and Create items moderated to Not Set (No) for the primary usergroup for main Showcase Permissions. This denies creation for everyone by default.
  2. set the Create items permission for Showcase category 1 to Allow for Novice (new) Members (primary usergroup) so that they can create new items but they go in to the moderation queue. Also Max items per user is unlimited.
  3. set the Create items moderated permission for Showcase category 1 to Allow for Standard Members (secondary usergroup) so that they can create new items bypassing the moderation queue.
Since I am a member of the Standard Members secondary usergroup, I would expect the Create Showcase button to appear on the showcases page. But it does not. Al

Category level permissions override the main showcase permissions, right?
I would expect them to as the ethos behind permissions (as I understand it) is to set default permissions and then expand on those.
That's not my understanding of XF permissions. My understanding is that the main permissions and node permissions can override in both directions, depending on the settings of each. Setting 'Never' anywhere will block all.

What are the settings for standard member for create item in main usergroup permissions and category permissions?

Probably this is not activated in category settings:
'Allow Items to be created'

Set standard member category usergroup permission 'create item' to Yes.

Have you checked if category setting 'Allow Items to be created' for category 1 is active?
You did not answer that question and most likely this is overlooked. Mind that I am not referring to usergroup settings, but category settings.

Set standard member category usergroup permission 'create item' to Yes.

Have you checked if category setting 'Allow Items to be created' for category 1 is active?
You did not answer that question and most likely this is overlooked. Mind that I am not referring to usergroup settings, but category settings.
Both the category-specific usergroup permissions are set to Allow for items to be created.
  • set the Create items permission for Showcase category 1 to Allow for Novice (new) Members (primary usergroup) so that they can create new items but they go in to the moderation queue. Also Max items per user is unlimited.
  • set the Create items moderated permission for Showcase category 1 to Allow for Standard Members (secondary usergroup) so that they can create new items bypassing the moderation queue.
Novice members have to have their new items moderated. Standard members do not.

I'm looking at this demo using this plugin at http://backcountrypost.com/trail-guides/twin-lakes.103/ is the tab that has an interactive map part of this plugin? I've been trying to do that with the statndard Resource Manager with no luck.
No. That is customization that Nick did on his own. The upcoming version of Showcase does have Google Map integration for items (requires an API Key) (info on the map integration: http://xenaddons.com/threads/google-maps-embed-api-integration-for-showcase-items-item-pages.1897/) . You can also contact Nick (use his site contact form) to ask him about his integration.

Top Bottom